°•Chapter 4•°

7:56 PM

|Paintbrush's POV|

"I... like you Paintbrush, uhm, a-a lot." "I...." I didn't know how to respond to her. My heart was racing, I didn't know what to do at the moment, how do I react?? She's most likely playing with me, this is a prank. I took my hand away from her, I stood up and looked at her with a face of mixed emotions, mostly surprised. She looked up at me with a sad and shocked face. "P-Painty-" "I have to go." Before she can say anything I ran out of that room and out of the hotel. I saw Fan and Test Tube outside, talking about something and Test Tube saw me. I was full of so many emotions at the time I just ran away to my house. I think Test Tube saw because I heard her call out my name after I started running.

|Lightbulb's POV|

They.... left.... "did..... did I do something wrong..?" I looked down to my hands resting on my dress. I started crying, my eyeliner started washing off with my tears making me look absolutely miserable... Baxter crawled out of my hair and onto my dress looking up at me, he looked almost as sad as I was. "H-hey buddy.." he crawled closer to me and motioned his pinchers for a hug. I put him on the bed and continued to cry. My phone started buzzing, I didn't want to check who it was but I did anyway. It was Test Tube, she was texting me.

_

___________________Testy Toob___________________

Is Paintbrush with you?
I saw them running just now.
Is everything okay?

...

Lightbulb? Are you there?

_

I didn't want to answer her. I couldn't answer her... I was shattered.. I really believed they liked me back...

I'm not worth their time..

My phone started to ring. Fan was calling me while I still got texts from Test Tube.. I didn't feel like doing anything at the moment so I turned my phone off and lay on the bed while Baxter kept trying to make me feel better.

"I'm gonna sleep bud.." I sniffled to Baxter and continued to cry myself to sleep.

|Paintbrush's Pov|

I kept running, my adrenaline was always so powerful that I just have to run, just run. I didn't want to leave her there, but I panicked and now that I think of it, this is really cliche.

I was finally at the porch of my house and unlocked it fairly quickly. After the door opened I got in and shut the door, locking it again because who wouldn't. I was finally calming down and walked towards my room. I don't know if everyone here has the same design or if they have different styles in their houses? Doesn't matter. "Wh... I- I don't know w- does she really-" my phone buzzed a few times, they were text messages from Fan.

_

________________Annoying Red Paper Kid________________

Paintbrush where'd you go?
Are you guys okay?

_

I couldn't answer, my hands were shaking and my mind is full of thoughts and questions. "I..." I tried to think of a way to apologize to Lightbulb for leaving her like that. I don't know if she really liked me back like that, she's always joking but she seemed serious..

"What if I write a letter to her.. l-like an apology letter.. yeah, yeah but.. UGH!" I got frustrated, it's hard to think and I stupidly decided to run out like that and I can't think straight!

I decided, "maybe I should just sleep.. I'm too tired to think anything and I'm-" I sighed, "Talking to myself, of course, why am I- wwju- shugstf- ugh! I feel like I'm a cartoon character or something dumb like that!" I face palmed and walked to my room to sleep.

|Fan's POV|

I stare at my phone waiting for them to reply.

"They say anything yet?" Test Tube asked me. I turned to her, "Not yet." "Lightbulb isn't answering either, what do you think happened?" She asked me again. I turn back. "Not sure.." I sit next to Test Tube and continue to stare at my phone.

"Hey Fan, wanna go inside? It's getting a bit chilly, heh." She smiled awkwardly, I guess trying to lighten the mood. "Yeah sure, maybe actually party for once?" She smiled and laughed a bit, causing me to do the same. "Sure." I replied.