3

The final bell rings and I walk out of the school. It is a nice warm day. I am wearing tight, black jeans and a gray sweatshirt. The sweatshirt says 'I'm SHER Locked' and is totally epic.

I pull out my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S I. taking out my ear buds I look around. There is a cute couple over by the bench by the street, a beautiful, red car in the car park, and...a guy standing next to me.

I jump back not expecting that. I look back down at my shoes, which are purple converse. "Hey." the boy says. I look back up and realize that it is Andrew from science. I kind of wave my hand and start to walk again.

"Holly! Wait." Andrew says and I start to hear whispers. Those of real people and of the voices in my head.

Look at the mute girl. Trying to make friends with the soccer player. And why would he want to become friends with the mute girl? Oh wait he won't. Ha.

And why even try when you know that it will not work? No one wants to be friends with the girl who does not talk and is ugly.

I keep walking, but a little faster. "Holly." Andrew says again and this time I can hear the disappointment in his voice. I slow down a little and allow him to catch up.

Andrew places a hand on my shoulder as I walk on. "Are you ok?" He asks.

I stop and shake my head no. Andrew stops beside me and frowns. "Why?"

I shake my head no yet again and run away from the school. My purple Converse hitting the ground with every step. Andrew yells my name after me, but I ignore it.