Panic Attack

So sorry it took so long to update. I'm a sophomore in high school and I have lots of homework and grades to worry about. Thank you so much for the patience and I hope you like this chapter. By the way, I don't know what it's like to have a panic attack, if you do, I apologize for the inaccuracy.

Ted liked the weekend. It was usually the only time he could relax at home and be with his mother. Most of the time she was too deep in her medicine to notice anything, but she would sometimes stroke his hair and hum a familiar sounding lullaby to him. Her pretty ruby red eyes would even seem a bit clearer than usual and he would nuzzle in her shoulder, breathing in the pretty flowery smell that was her perfume.

He still liked the weekends, because it when he could play with Nugget all day and have fun with him. It was different than when he played with Felix. Nugget didn't boss him around, he shared his toys, and if Nugget did something bad, he wouldn't blame it on Ted! It was a dream! 

Now of course, he had a couple more reasons to like the weekend. It's been a month since the little 'Betrayal' incident and he was finally able to make friends at school! His a bit socially awkward since he was only allowed to play with Felix, but his new classmates helped a lot by being very nice.

Not only that, but he and Nugget were finally going on a play date with Lily and Billy, something that excited the both of them. They met up with the twins a lot more since the mall, their parents taking them to the same places such as the grocery store and such, and were very close with each other.

Ted still got that weird feeling in his chest at even the sight of Billy, and his face still got very hot around him, but he usually ignored it. Maybe since Mrs. Bell was a doctor, he should ask her if he was allergic to Billy? It'd be a shame if he had to stay away from the other boy though, so he hoped he wasn't allergic to him.

"Okay Teddy, do you have everything?" Mr. Bell asked curiously, snapping Ted out of his thoughts immediately. Ted's face turned red at daydreaming, although Mr. Bell simply smiled in amusement instead of scolding him for not paying attention.

"Yes, Sorry for not paying attention." Ted apologized with a sheepish smile, Mr. Bell's eyes twinkling in a kind manner that reminded him of his mother the few times she didn't take her drugs.

"It's alright, it's time to get going now." Mr. Bell said, grabbing his wheelchair handles and taking Ted to the car. They soon made it to the car, Nugget and Mrs. Bell waiting for them patiently inside. Mr. Bell helped Ted into his seat before going to the driver's seat himself.

"Nugget can not wait to see the Pretty Lily and his friend Billy. It has been so long since he has gone on a play date with them." Nugget said excitedly, his eyes sparkling happily. Ted couldn't help but smile at his adoptive brother's enthusiasm, finding it sweet how happy Nugget was.

Ted chatted with Nugget as Mr. Bell drove, pointing out interesting things they saw outside their windows as entertainment and playing the game 'I Spy.'

"I spy with my little eye, something... black!" Ted hinted at with a grin, spotting a black car that if he remembered correctly, was a van. Nugget frowned thoughtfully and started to bite his lower lip, a habit that was quite common for the nugget-loving boy. 

"Nugget believes it to be a car."

"Correct, but what KIND of car?"

"The big black one that Teddy and his Evil Rich Brother come to school in?"

"WHAT?!"

Ted looked out the window that Nugget was looking at, crouching down to hide once he saw it was the exact same black limo he and Felix rode in. He felt his heart start hammering in his chest, especially since they were at a red light and the limo WAS right next to him. Ted shut his eyes immediately, trying to keep himself calm because his chest was starting to hurt from how fast it was beating.

"Ted, are you okay?" Mrs. Bell asked in concern, looking over from the passenger seat with a worried look on her face. Ted opened his mouth to say he was fine, but his throat wasn't working, it seeming to contract and tighten.  The only sounds he could make were wheezes and gasps.

He saw Mr. Bell pull up on the side of the road and turn off the car, something Ted tried to protest against because he was fine, but nothing came out of his mouth. Mrs. Bell exited the car and went to his side of the car, opening his door. She unbuckled his seatbelt and laid him down on his back, holding onto one of his hands and squeezing it gently after he held his hand out to her.

"It's okay Ted. Look at me. Breathe in and out nice and slow for me." She said in a soft, gentle voice, Ted obeying her and taking deep breathes in and out. After several minutes of this, his heart managed to beat normally again and he found he could talk properly again.

"I'm sorry for having a fit. I shouldn't have done that." He apologized immediately, remembering that's what his father and Felix called it. His mother had it quite often, thankfully never in public though, or else that would embarrass the family name. His father would always leave the room whenever his mother had one, Felix quickly following, so it was usually his responsibility to help her.

That sort of memory made the boy frown, especially since, unfortunately, her fits didn't end in just a couple of minutes. They could last as long as a couple hours, his mother crying and curled up on the floor making him feel pathetic and useless. She would always apologize afterwards, especially to him, finding that she shouldn't act like that in front of her children.

"It's fine Teddy, you just had a bit of a panic attack. It happens to all of us. Do you want to go back home?" She asked gently, stroking his blonde hair lightly. Ted hesitated before he shyly nodded his head, although looked at Nugget.

"Nugget does not wish to have fun while his little brother is at home, bored. Nugget suggests he stays with little brother." Nugget said calmly, Ted's heart swelling in awe at his big brother. He wasn't mad at him!

As they drove home, Ted felt a bit guilty about canceling on Billy and Lily. Nugget noticed and he suggested they get ice cream to cheer him up, something Mr and Mrs. Bell agreed with. After the ice cream, Nugget and Ted spend the rest of the day playing together.

So while he did have a panic attack, as Mrs. Bell called it, it wasn't a bad day. It was still a good day.

Next chapter will be on the Huxley family. Comment what you want them to do (there's so many comments on the Chapter Help Page, so NO MORE COMMENTS THERE UNTIL I SAY SO!)