The Internship 3

P.O.V. Y/N

The car was speeding up a little. Making it harder to follow the buildings. I picked up the pictures out of the box. They were memories now. Watching the pictures was harder now. When reality hit.. This was no longer my job. I would never see these people again. I could never speak to them again. I dove back into the box. Hunting for the pictures I loved the most. All I could find were pieces of paper. I must have placed them on top.. I probably lost them.

A brief flash of Mike kicking the box flashed before me. He must have knocked them off. They must be on the floor there. No! What if someone found them?! Or worse.. What if Mike found them.. Panic shot trough my veins. What would he think..

It wouldn't matter now. He was a million worlds away.

The car came to a complete stop. Almost making me fall from my seat. The driver sighed heavily.

"Something wrong?" I asked him, pushing the box off my lap. There was no other car in sight. No object to block our path. Nothing hit. No reason for the driver to really stop.

"Sorry madam. I had instructions to not stop for anything." He had a heavy voice. One I would remember easily later on.

"Then why did you stop?" I asked. My eyes were fixed on the mirror. He was looking through it. Not at me. At something else.

"I just can't stomach this any longer," He turned to look at me fully. "There has been a young gentleman running behind the car for miles. I seem to have lost him now."

The words hit me like a roller-coaster drop. A young gentleman. My heart was speeding up. Who was such an idiot to start running behind the car? I got out of the car, making my way along the road we had left behind. Please let it be who I think.. 

I was almost jogging when I found him. Sitting on the sidewalk. Looking at one of his arms. There was blood on the floor. He must have fallen..

"Please tell me I did not miss seeing you fall on yours face." I laughed the words. The laughing soon died down. The side of his face was indeed damaged as well. That would surely leave a mark.. He looked surprised, almost shocked that we had stopped. He couldn't hide it. I sat down beside him. The stone was still hot from the heat earlier today. All I noticed were his eyes. Looking at me. Not at anyone or anything else. Just me.

"You forgot your pictures." He removed them from his pocket. There they were. The Mike pictures I had looked at for months. The once I worked hard for.

"You can keep them. I am not a loud to keep them anyway." I pushed the pictures away, making sure I didn't actually touch his hand. He looked more exhausted than before.

"You can't just take off like that."

"What did you expect? A goodbye party?" I joked, but he did not smile. He looked straight forward. No nerve moved in his face.

"You can not leave not today," He speaks with a lowness in his voice. Focused. Hiding something. He doesn't seem made about the pictures. And it surprises me a bit. I would be mad. Maybe.. "I was going to ask you out today." He spills it like it is nothing. Just throws it out.

"That is why you called me your girlfriend." I sighed. He looked at me weirdly. "I will tell you all about it."

"Right now?" He looks worried at the sun disseapering. I get up, sticking out my hand to offer help.

"How about over dinner?" I ask as he takes my hand.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ A/N: The last part of The internship. Hope you liked it @THEmusicalsfandom I will take requests anytime! ]