30

The midsummer night seeped into trees and vines, all was still and sleeping under the warm moonlight. The forest slumbered until a voice began to ring through the leaves, through the roots and water.

The chosen one has arrived

It is time

Over and over and over again, until they stirred the grove keeper, she had stars in her hair, she was panoramic. The titan shook the sleep from her eyes and it crashed down to earth as falling meteors. The forest slept no more. Dryads, faye, witches, phantoms, pixies, goblins, shapeshifters, satyrs, centaurs; all gathered at her feet.

"The chosen one has arrived, it is time." She boomed, her voice shook the earth and sent waves of raw power rushing through the trees. It woke Florabella and her huntress companion, they found their tower crashing around them and escaped just in time to avoid being crushed. In seconds Florabella lost everything, years of painstaking studies all lost in the rubble. All her sorrow and fear disappeared when she looked up.

A female figure, amassed of the night sky, what they saw was incomprehensible. The mythic army she commanded was enchanting and terrifying. They did not know whether to join them or run, they could do neither. Their bodies were no longer theirs. The titan's gaze turned to Florabella,

"You." Her voice shook the ground once more, she reached down her hand to lift up Florabella. The elven woman had no choice but to be lifted, she stood proud, he feet rested on fleshly starlight. The eyes of the grove keeper were like suns, she had to shield her eyes under the titan's gaze. "You have met her who would bring peace." The sound was deafening, Florabella cried out in pain and covered her ears.

"You mean the little princess?" The elf screamed back.

"Where has she gone?" The titan boomed once more.

"South! Maequil." The grove keeper nodded in thanks and placed Florabella back onto the ground, then she dissipated into thin air and reappeared as human size. Still built of the cosmos, the army began their march.