My name is Coraline not Caroline.

"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

"Coraline, Coraline"
" CORALINE!! COME HOME-" a soft voice called. I was running, down a dark cold tunnel. 

I couldn't see and the smell was worse. It smelled like dead corpses and forgotten candy corn.

The closer I got to the voice, the more I could see. I could see , a dirty teddy bear, a sole pink slipper and a moldy bag kids use for trick or treating.

The voice grew louder, almost clearer.   "Yes honey, come back," it said almost gleefully.

I felt funny, the more I walked towards the light, the more my fingers sparked and tingled.

I was almost there, I could feel the heat on my skin.

Just as i was almost to the glowing light, something cold breathed on my neck.

I jolted awake, throwing open my eyes. "Ah, there's my Caroline. Wake up sweetie " my mother said.

I held open my eyes for a few minutes then threw the blanket over my head.  "Just a few more minutes " I groaned.

"No can do sweetie,  no more dreaming and that's final . Get ready for school," my father said walking into the room.

They stood there for a few minutes, just watch or rather waiting for me to get out the bed.

I sat up and stared back. My father stood in his orange robe and truly hair while my mother stood in her purple robe and black turtleneck.  The hairs on the back of my neck stood.

They wore matching smiles on their faces.

Growing up I always wondered why I was such an oddball.  I have blue hair and blue eyes while everyone except king Tobias has black or brown eyes.

As a child, I was told its because I was kissed by a fairy. Silly to still believe at the age of seventeen but it's the only explanation I have.

Once my parents close the doors behind them, I get out of my bed and walk over to the closet.

My closet consists of only my favorite colors, always have. There's nothing that I don't like. I choose a black pair of pants and a silver star-shaped blue turtleneck. 

It only takes thirty minutes and I'm fully dressed and ready for the day.

The rain could be heard from outside,  none the less it's still a beautiful day.

I slip on my blue rain boots and yellow raincoat, it's odd but so am i.

Just as I was walking outside a cat jumps off the roof just hardly missing me.

I let out a loud scream as i slip falling hard in my ass in a loud thump. I get up and walk back into the kitchen.

"Mom! " i yell out.

"Mom"

" yes, dear?" She says coming into the room.

"I almost died, "I say dramatically holding onto my butt. 

My mom sighed.  "Coraline, hurry up or you'll be late for school" 

i stopped rubbing my butt, "mom last night I had this weird dream-" 

she stopped cleaning the dishes, " what kind of dream honey" she said suddenly interested.

i felt embarrassed. it was just a dumb dream and im, not a baby. " nothing, forget i said anything" i said adjusting my backpack strap.