Memories {tweleve years ago }

"I don't want whatever I want. Nobody does. Not really. What kind of fun would it be if I just got everything I ever wanted just like that, and it didn't mean anything? What then?"

It stopped raining today. although it's still foggy, i get dressed to go out for a walk.

While im exploring the muddy ground i kick and name rocks i pass. "Hey, Caroline, why don't you come in and chat for a bit" my old neighbor Miss Forcible says.

 i come in and take a seat on her plush pink couch. after shes done fixing herself, she offers me a big bowl of taffy. i want to say no but shes like fifty years old.

i try to take the first piece i see off the top which resorts in a tuggy match that end with the taffy and the bowl broken on the ground.

i immediately apologize, hoping the dish wasn't expensive seeing as my parents only renting the house next door. she dismisses my apologies and says it's fine.

she said she was meaning to make me a necklace out of the old taffy anyways.

she searches through the pieces and pulls out a few big pieces. she then sets them on the table in front of me.

i just quietly sit and watch.

i have the thing just for you. "sister, bring the tea" her sister comes out of the kitchen and brings me a hot cup of tea. I'm not really thirsty but again i don't want to be rude.

" drink just till you get to the bottom," she says watching me. 

i do as she says then soon hand over the cup to them.

their faces go from happy to worry. "Caroline, you're in grave danger" was all they say.

she returns to the taffy on the table and hits it until it forms a triangle-shaped pendant." wear this and beware" .

they thank me for coming and shoo me away so they can finish dressing their dogs.

once im out the door i start back on my journey back to my yard.

"Caroline," my other neighbor calls me.

i look up towards him and wait for him to speak.

" the mice say to not dream of the door," he says.

" what door?" i ask.

" i don't know, they're mice. they're crazy. they also call you Coraline,your name is Caroline" he said before walking back into his home.

i shrug my shoulders, maybe danger is just what i need. besides this door sounds interesting.

 As I'm walking back to my house i stumble upon a doll. shes cool and looks just like me so i pick her up and take her home.

leaves rustle behind me, i freeze. 

its very foggy out making it almost impossible to see.

it moves from my feet to the other side of the tree.

"Meow" it let out. i let out a long breath, it was just whinnying borns dumb cat. i pick the maggy thing up by its scruff and yeet it.

or at least i wished it happened that way. what really happed was me being scared but angry then stomping my way into the dull chipping white house.

"Coraline, Coraline! take off those boots this instant. youre tracking mudd into the house that your father and i don't have time to clean up-" she complained,

"you mean you don't have time for me" I murmured back.

she sighed. "don't be so dramatic Coraline, go upstairs and freshen up so you can go to the store with me" .

i let out a big huff. "why can't i stay here? i really want to see what's behind that door " i said excitedly.

my mom rolled her eyes . "what door? Coraline this better not be a prank or some silly game of yours" i shook my head and told her to follow me .

we walked up the stairs and into a plain gloomy room that contained the said door.

right in the middle of the wall closest to the dusty fireplace sat a tiny white door.

i tugged on the door, willing it to give away. i heard retreating footsteps yet i continued to pull with all my strength,

a warm hand landed on my shoulder, " here, this might help" my mother said.

i placed the weird-looking key into the keyhole and turned quickly to the right.

i don't know what i was expecting, maybe another room or somewhere secret. however when i pulled open the door, there was only a slab of brick with a weird blue key. i picked