Leaning

Diriririrrrrrrirrriniiirrg, drrirrriiiirirrrighng, drrrrrrrriri.........

What had before, a few blissfully ignorant minutes ago, been a dull occurring random sound that Kenma couldn't quite place, became a roaring avalanche of noise immediately after his half asleep brain registered it as probably, almost definitely, being his alarm clock, in this cruel uncaring world where everyone was supposed to blindly follow along with whatever society says they must do, no matter how tiring and stressful, and even if you have to turn to methods of torture to even get up in the morning, just to face more hellish pain and suffering imposed onto you by the system-

*cue Megalovania*

Suddenly he heard a not very welcome sound. A phone ringing is a phone ringing, no matter hope how pleasant the music is, although sometimes Kenma wondered if he was ruining the game for myself with mentally assigning Undertale to the anxiety-inducing thing called a phone call.

Kenma waited impatiently for the ringing to end, covering both ears with his too- thin blanket. Why did he set his phone to 5 rings? Why subject himself to the possibility of such agony? Maybe he wouldn't even go to school after all, it was hard to believe that the average volume of sound constantly surrounding you there was even more than what he was currently hearing.

The ringing stopped and Kenma snuggled the side of my face once again into his pillow, bringing his knees up to his chest to conserve heat and curling up his toes in contentment. He would say that he was sick. Yeah, he convinced myself of his delusions being possibility, that's what I would say. I mean, I do feel a little bit sick. My nose is runny, after all, and I've been sneezing a lot since yesterday...

*Cue Megalovani-*

It wouldn't surprise Kenma if the speeds he reached to scramble over to his desk and end the call were well over record times, to be honest. Now slightly rattled, he resumed his previous position, sinking his head into the indent in the pillow.

*Cue Me-*

"WHAAAT!!" Kenma shouted into nothingness as he pressed the cold glass screen to his ear.

"Kenma? WHERE THE DANDRUFF ARE YOU?!" It was an  unpleasant shock to hear this voice that sounded just as irritated, if not more so, than his. It bothered Kenma because he was supposed to be the angry one.

"I'm at home..." The black-haired boy mumbled. Not wanting to get into a fight, he couldn't just end the call, but he still feared the dangerous waters that might be crossed if it went on for too long.

"Yeah, where at home? I kinda would've guessed that you weren't outside! It's not like you could be at school already with how fast you walk, that's for sure. And you better not tell me what I think you'll say-"

"Mmmmmmmmmmm... I'm in bed."

There was no point in lying because he'd just wait for Kenma anyway. The pale first year who was now quietly rubbing his tired eyes had forgotten that we had agreed to walk to school together today. Why must I be so stuuuuuuuuuuupiii-

"WHAT!!! You'd BETTER get your LAZY ASS off that bed RIGHT NOW or I'm coming through the window! Friggin' MIRAClE how I managed to keep you in school for the whole of last term! You're going to REGRET not coming out of that damn house in FIVE MiNUTEs and You're LUCKY your parents aren't home because I SWEAR TO-"

Kenma had less than four seconds to bask in self pity before slowly getting up to brush his teeth, shower, and put on his school uniform.

"AND MAKE ME SOME TOAST! AND IF I DONT SEE YOU OUTSIDE EATING SOMETHING HELLA SOON I CAN AND WILL FORCE FEED IT TOO YOU SO NO EXCUSES!" I heard a muffled voice shouting from outside.