Her

This one is set right after Cole's fall (episode 97) and is in Nya's POV

____________________________________________________________

Why?

That was the one thought that kept popping up in Nya's mind.

Why Cole? Why did the ladder break? Why was the wiring mixed up? Why did this happen?

Why us?

Nya was sitting on the railing of the Bounty's deck, staring down at her feet. Her head was filled with mixed thoughts and feelings, and she was overwhelmed by everything that was going on. One second she would be fine, but then she would burst into tears. She looked at the clouds down below, and that brought back unwanted memories of what had happened. Why didn't I rewire the lever while I had the chance? Nya thought as tears streamed down her face.  Why did the city not check that everything was working before they gave the Bounty back to us?

Nya heard the door open behind her, and began to wipe the tears off of her face.

"Hey sis," Kai said quietly as he walked in. "You okay?"

"No," She replied, equally quiet. 

"Me neither." Kai sighed.

"I just can't help thinking, if only I'd pushed the handle the right way..." She trailed off, her eves filling with sadness.

"Hey, it was an accident. Cole loved you like a brother-I mean, a sister-I mean, you know..."

"I just can't believe he's gone."

"Neither can I, but Cole would want us to keep fighting. You're the brains here, sis, so..."

Nya looked up at her brother, surprised. "Me?"

"You're the one who's always building everything and coming up with all the plans. You and Zane. And Zane's not much use at the moment."

"Yeah, you're right. Okay, let's set a course for the Monastery of Spinjitzu. It has a forge!"

"Forge?" Kai asked, confused.

"To melt down the golden armor." She paused, waiting for Kai to connect the dots. When he didn't, she started to explain.

"Kai, the Golden Armor was forged out of the Weapons of Spinjitzu. So..." Nya paused once again.

"So..." Kai repeated, still confused.

"So, if we can melt it down and forge it back into weapons, we can use those to fight the Oni!"

"Ha! That's a great idea! I'll tell the others." Kai ran to the door, but then paused and turned around. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. The Weapons of Spinjitzu were forged at the Temple of Light. You can't just go to any old blacksmith."

Nya smiled and replied," I'm not. I'm coming to you."

It was Kai's turn to be surprised. "Me? Are you crazy? I'm a terrible blacksmith, remember? You used to tell me that all the time!"

"You're the elemental Master of Fire, Kai! Your fire can melt down the Armor! Your're the only chance we have."

Kai started out across the sky, and sighed. "So the future of all Ninjago depends on my blacksmithing abilities?"

"Yep, pretty much." Nya replied.

"No pressure," Kai muttered to himself as they just stood there. 

"Oh!" Kai suddenly exclaimed and turned to face Nya. " I almost forgot. Can you try to talk to Jay, please? He locked himself up in our bedroom and won't come out, or talk to any of us. He's having some serious survivor's guilt."

"Yeah, yeah, of course." Nya replied, concerned. "I will."

The siblings turned around and went back inside, both feeling a bit better now that they had a plan.

____________________________________________________________

Okay, so I know what you're thinking: Why does this sound really similar to the actual episode?  Well, that's because it is. I came up with a version similar to this that was my own, but then I realized that what they had in the episode was better, so I thought Why not? Hope that doesn't count as plagiarism...

But, I did add details and edit the quotes a bit so, yeah. Not entirely the same. Plus, that last twist is mine too! Leads up into the next story. Hoped you like this one, and I'll see you later!

Adios!

-Zap