part eleven

one week later

"Leave. Me. aLONE." I hissed at Feyd, kicking my feet up onto the couch.

"Someone's grumpy," Feyd muttered.

"Well, someone also didn't get shit sleep," I said, "because some green-faced bitch was whining the entire night."

Xa-Tul flipped me off. "Not my fault."

"Totally your fault."

Reaper smiled. "It's fine, you guys! Lighten up. Gameknight's safe, we're all together again, Herobrine's not controlling us... we could be living it up, and instead you three are being bitchy."

"Well, what do you suggest, Reaper?" Shai said softly, looking up at him. 

"I don't know. We could go out and get drunk or something, go to a club, I don't know, do something!" Reaper said. 

"Orrr... stay in and get drunk while watching PewDiePie....?" my tired ass suggested.

"I vote Char's idea," Xa-Tul said.

"I second it," added Feyd.

"You boring little shits," Reaper muttered. "After the whole school thing incident, you guys haven't been any fun. I wanna go out and do something!"

"I'll go out with you, Reaper," Shai said kindly. My insides put up the middle finger.

"O-oh!" Reaper exclaimed, blushing softly. "W-where do you wanna go?"

"Bar or something?" 

"S-sure!"

Xa-Tul looks over at me. I mumble something like "babafuckyou" and look away. Reaper and Shai smiled to themselves before grabbing each other's hands and walking out the door.

"I'm so sorry, Char," Feyd said, and he actually did look sorry.

"What? Why are you sorry?" I said like nothing was wrong.

"We both know you have a crush on Reaper," Xa-Tul said. "It's not like you're doing anything to hide it. And we all know how Shai and Reaper feel about each other. And I'm sorry, but jealousy is not a good colour on you."

I sighed. "Thanks for understanding, you two. I really needed someone to talk to about the issues with my crush on Reaper and you guys are just-" suddenly, my phone rings.

"C-can I pick this up?" I ask polietly.

"Go ahead." 

I look at the caller ID. Unknown Number. Shrugging, I pick it up. "Yello?"

"U-um... is this, uhh... Charybdis?"

"Ya, it is? Who is this?"

"... G-Gameknight999...."

I gasped. Xa-Tul and Feyd looked at me, and I mouthed "it's Gameknight" to them.

"Oh, hi, Gameknight! How are you?"

"U-uh... go-ood? I guess... I mean I'm not being fucked half to death like I'm used to, so I guess that's a plus...?"

I laughed. "Yeah, I guess that is a bonus to having escaped. So why are you calling me?"

"It's actually kind of serious."

I sit up. "Oh, okay. Go ahead then."

"So, uh... I went to visit my friend Morgana a few weeks ago, because I mentioned all of the injections Herobrine had been giving me, and she wanted to make sure my bloodstream wasn't contaminated. Well, uh... it turns out that the blood in my face and upper arm is infected with some sort of virus."

"Oh no!" I gasped. "What does that mean for you? Are you on some sort of medication?" As I said these words, I had a sinking feeling in my stomach, like I was going to throw up.

"W-well yes, I am on meds, but it's not really doing anything because... well..." Gameknight made a sound that sounded like a sob being barely choked out. "Charybdis, I'm going to die in eight days."

I nearly threw up. No way. No. Fucking. Way. How could Gameknight be dying? Of all the ways he's nearly been murdered, of all the possible ways his life could end, it's this? 

"...shit. No. You're lying!" I gasped. 

"I'm not lying, Char... I-I was wondering if you and your friends c-could come and stay with me f-for the last few days... a-are you available?" I could tell he was choking out his words, trying not to cry.

"Of course we're available. Shai and Reaper are out right now, but I'll ask Feyd to call them and let them know. Where are you?" 

"I'm in my hideout... it's not too far from your place... I-I've got snacks and TV." 

"Forget the snacks! I'm coming over right now. Reaper and Shai will be over as soon as they can."