21. THE ACCORDS

"Sestra," Ana smiled as she walked over to Natasha.

"Sister," Natasha grinned.

Ana smiled and hugged her friend tightly. She had missed Natasha a lot since she joined the CIA. She hadn't been in contact with anyone since she and Sean left seven months ago. Ana desperately wanted to ask how Steve was but decided against it. She cleared her throat and held up a clipboard.

"We just need your signature here, Ms. Romanoff. Just to confirm your attendance today."

"Okay," Natasha signed, "I'm guessing I'll be working closely with you now."

"Yes, you'll be seeing a lot of me and Sean," Ana smiled.

"Good. We've missed you."

"We?" Ana asked. She bit her lip not wanting to get her hopes up that Natasha meant Steve.

"Yes. Me, Wanda, Vision, Rhodey. Even Sam."

"Sam missed me?" She asked incredulously.

"Yeah. But no one has missed you more than Steve."

"How is he?"

"Not great. I'm sure you know that he didn't sign The Accords. I just saw him in London at Peggy Carter's funeral."

"Oh," Ana frowned. She felt a pang deep in her stomach, "do you think you'll still talk to him?"

"Probably a little bit. More than you do."

Ana sighed, "I thought it'd be best if I didn't talk to him."

"He misses you a lot."

"I miss him too. We can talk more later. I need to get this to my boss," Ana whispered.

"Okay, see you later."

Ana hurried away and handed the clipboard to Everett. He thanked her and dismissed her to her seat in between Emery and Sean. She lightly knocked the back of Sean's head. He scoffed before turning around to hug her. He kissed her forehead. Ana smiled and kissed his cheek.

"So you saw Nat? How was that?" He asked.

"Good."

"Steve didn't come did he?"

"No. He's in London. He's at Peggy's funeral."

"Right. They were friends."

"How do you feel about it?" Sean asked. He was the only one in the CIA who knew about her past life.

"Not now, Sean. Too many people," Ana whispered as she sat down.

"Okay. I'm here when you want to talk," Sean squeezed her hand.

"Thank you. I know," Ana leaned her head on his shoulder.

"There's my baby sister!"

"Em, I'm only a year and a half younger than you," Ana rolled her eyes as she stood up.