34. TIME TO FIGHT

"Here are some sharper but lighter swords," Steve handed Ana two swords he found.

"My hero," she grinned at him

He snorted and kissed her forehead pulling her close. She buried her face in his chest. He ran his hands down her back and rested his cheek on the top of her head.

"We gonna get through this. We've been through worse," he said.

"I know," she swallowed.

Steve took her hand, and they walked out to where the hover crafts were. They would be taking all the troops out to the barrier where the battle would take place. He helped her up in and stood next to her. Bucky stood on her other side.

"Hey, I've missed you," Ana hugged Bucky.

"I missed you too. You look decent considering you've been running from the world's governments. Nice hair Steve," he smirked.

Steve rolled his eyes and looked over at Bruce who was in the Hulk Buster suit that Tony had made years ago. He seemed to be doing alright until he tripped and fell.

"Oh boy," Ana bit her lip, "what's happening to him? Why can't he turn into the Hulk?"

"Your guess is as good as mine," he shrugged as the hover craft stopped.

Steve and Bucky jumped down in unison. Bucky helped Nat down while Steve grabbed Ana. Chants could be heard all around them. Steve squeezed Ana's shoulder as King T'Challa talked with another man.

"Let's go meet them," King T'Challa said.

Steve nodded as he, Ana, and Nat walked with him down to the barrier. The female alien they battled earlier was standing there with a massive new alien. There was no sign of the one that Ana and Nat had presumably taken out.

"Where's your other friend," Nat taunted, and it clearly hit her.

"You will pay for his life with yours. Thanos will have that stone."

"That's not going to happen," Steve looked her dead in the eye.

"You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood," King T'Challa added.

"We... have blood to spare," she smirked.

They all began walking back to the rest of the troops as a distant rumbling started. Ana held on to his arm again. This was a very different battle than the ones she and Sean were used to. He could tell they were nervous.

"They surrender?" Bucky asked.

"Not exactly."

King T'Challa started a chant, and all the Wakandans echoed it. Steve looked over and saw Ana and Sean standing close to each other. She reached out and grabbed his hand. He gave her a firm nod, and she nodded back. The female alien lowered her sword, and suddenly the strangest hybrid alien monsters began swarming.