Chapter 2

July of 1948

Location: Wool's Orphanage

The head Matron, Mrs. Cole, was busy drinking her beloved whiskey as she tried to forget her problems. She was stressed and shaken by a memory of a similar boy that once stayed in the very same orphanage and room as the current residence of room 27.

She had repudiated at first, but the signs were hard to miss. The girl was eerily alike another young adult she knew. They could be identical as twins (only different in age-wise). Whilst Tom –even his name brought a shiver down her spine– was a neat boy who kept his appearance at top priority. Lavinia, on the other hand, refused to wear shoes, as she only wears a light cream color dress that seems to be outdated along with a dark green sweater that seems to be a little too large on her small frame with a black scarf wrapped neatly around her neck. Lavinia wore strings on her toes that coiled –somewhat like a snake– all the way to her ankles. She found out from one of her workers that they were called anklets and toe rings; primarily used for decoration rather than protection. She never did figure out how Lavinia kept the soles of her feet from being dirtied by grass and mud.

Other than her appearance, Lavinia Gaunt reminded her too much of Tom Riddle in personality and demeanor.

Lavinia showed that she could hurt the other children just like Tom, and she even demonstrated that by killing an adult. Lavinia was worse than Tom could ever be as a child.

She remembered how she and her staff brought the children to attend the usual Sunday Church Service, the Priest had all but banned the calm girl from coming in the future. Whispers reached her ears that the Priest had deemed the young girl a devil's spawn.

She had once planned to banish the devil from within Tom Riddle, but that didn't work out too well. The boy became colder and more guarded than ever. Mrs. Cole was a religious woman, and she believed that Lavinia is a demon, not possessed by one. She was a determined woman as well.

She had tried to bring the young four year old to another Church just a few days ago, but she refused and screamed at her; this made her suspect that something was wrong (of course she didn't know that Death hated the church). Whilst she was taking a walk in the backyard, she heard Lavinia speaking in a devilish language with many hisses. It made her tremble in fright at the sight, and her suspicions of Lavinia heighten.

The head Matron had already called a team consisting of ten exorcists to eradicate the demon called Lavinia from her orphanage, and she would stop at nothing to see that monster gone from her orphanage.

They promised that they would arrive tomorrow at noon with equipment and would like her to remove the other children from the building, perhaps take them to the park. She, of course, had agreed wholeheartedly.

Now she just had to wait for tomorrow to arrive. For now, she would drink her worries away.

The screams of one Athenodora Gaunt could heard though out the orphanage, As Lavinia's clothes were torn off her body, stripping her naked, as the exorcists started to draw symbols on her torso with a silver dagger. Even with her high pain threshold, she cried out as she felt her blood flooding the table and salt entering her wounds. Why was this happening to me? Why don't they just leave me alone was Lavinia's only thought as she felt the sensation of someone using a blunt rod finally stop drawing patterns across her torso? Blood was leaving her. Only making scream even louder, as she saw the exorcist was about to plunge a dagger into her chest.

Just than the room became extremely cold; this made them all freeze and shiver at the intense feeling. The adult part of Lavinia 's brain analyzed that it was a similar feeling to that of a Dementor. Her child part shouted for the adult to shut up and scream for help.