Chapter 2

Maggie POV
At about 3am I stumble downstairs, desperate for a glass of water, my hairs put in a messy bun, strands falling all over the place. I see in the corner of the eye, Rick hovering over Carl, whilst Lori's asleep. The pain in his eyes is enough to make anyone feel sad. I put my glass on the side and pour another two. Slowly I approach the room, cautious to not be overly loud. I slightly knock on the door, as Rick's eyes meet mine.
"Hey I thought you guys might need a drink. I hope waters alright." I say, as Rick gives me a small smile.
"Thanks, I'm Rick."
"I'm Maggie. I hope Carl feels better."
I get no response to this,Rick just looks at Carl. Carl, no more than 12, has dark black hair and a cowboy hat placed on his head. His fathers probably. Carl's all sweaty, water dripping from his hair into his back. What has Otis done?
"Well I better go. I really hope your son gets better."
And with that I return to my bed, and fall straight asleep.
Glenn's POV
I sit on top of the caravan, keeping watch out at 3 o'clock, it's harshly cold, the wind hitting my face occasionally. The trees gently sway together in unison as I hear a few snores below. Everything is dark until a house light turns on, lit by multiple candles. I grab my binoculars, wondering who would ever be awake at this time, other then Rick. I see Maggie walking around her kitchen, her dark brown hair falling over her shoulders, her hazel eyes gleaming in the light. She fumbles around the kitchen, grabbing multiple drinks and walks into Ricks room. She has a slight smile on her face as she gives Rick a glass of water. Eventually she walks out and goes to bed, as I stay up even longer.