Chapter 01

Miller takes Nicole and heads out for brunch.

Jack slips away to the rooftop.  He had a lot of process..  He always knew Maya was more interested in women than in men.  But it had completely slipped his mind when they got together.

He was enraptured with her and every moment they spent together was so real.  Well at least for him it was.... 

He heard the door opening and closing behind him.. And then came the shuffling of feet, every cell in his body knew who it was standing there behind him.

He didn't bother turning when Maya spoke up.
"Are you OK? "

"What makes you think that I'm not OK? "

"Well,  for one you have gone to your quiet place again. What is the matter? "

"Nothing. "

"OK,  let's get one thing straight. This is not how this works... You and I are in a relationship, that means you don't nothing me anymore but actually tell me what's going on. "

"It's no big deal Maya. Just let it go!

"No! " said Maya with an unreadable explanation on her face. "You don't get to shut me out Gibson.  For better or for worse I'm hear and I plan on continuing to be so until you decide to let me in".

"OK Fine!  I'll tell you.  Nicole is hot...  Way hotter than me."

"What?" said Maya in a shocked voice...  "OMG! I can't believe this... Your jealous.... Jealous of a girl I haven't seen or spoken to in some time. Come on Jack,  you should know better than this. "

" I don't OK. I don't know better than this. "

Maya walked up to Jack and put her arms around him.  She stared into those beautiful brown eyes that could melt her insides with just a cursory glance.

She leaned in as close as she could and said, "Babe, listen and believe me when I do tell you,  that I can't believe that I'm with you, I can't believe that i'm so interested in you,  that you are the one I'm holding in my arms at the moment, but it's all true. I am on interested in being with you and being the girl that brings out those cute dimples in your cheeks."

Maya took a deep breadth and continued talking. "You are the one that I wake up thinking about and go to sleep thinking about. You are the one that sets my heart on fire. I don't need Nicole or anyone else. Just you! "