4. birthday

A request for Shannon1300 hope you enjoy ❤

Today was my birthday and I was really hoping for my boyfriend shawn to come home for it as he has finished his world tour now but he said he had a few things to finish up and that his manager cancelled all of his flights were cancelled so he couldn't make it home even if he wanted to which upset me but I understood.

I woke up to an empty bed and my phone ringing going off with loads of happy birthday messages. I look at them then lie back down in bed and let out a loud sigh. Another year older yay without the one person I want to celebrate with.

I hear a knock at the door and decide I should go get that I grab my hair and bunch it up into a messy bun and a dressing gown and tie it around me. I walk down the stairs.

I open the door to my best friend.

"Hey happy birthday." She says barging pass me.

"Come in then." I say closing the door.

"Get dressed because we are going to the airport." She says.

"Why the airport?"

"No questions birthday girl it's a surprise and trust me you will love it."

"Ugh do I have to?"

"Yes now get that cute butt of yours upstairs and dressed and the meet me in your living room."

"Ok I'm going."

I get dressed and I meet her back downstairs in my living room. She grabs my arm and drags me out of the tissue and into her car. Once we get into teh car she blindfolds me and I lose all sight and vision.

"Is this necessary?"

"Yes it is."

"But I've lost all my sight and vision and I do like to see you know."

She laughs. "Trust me shannon it will all be worth it when we get there and you see it all."

"Ok fine fine but when we get there and you make me bump into something I wont hesitate to hurt you."

She laughs again. It's a long 15 minute journey as I cant see anything.

When we get ther she carefully maneuvers me around in the airport to wherever she was leading me.

She takes the blindfold off and I instantly see someone tall and dark haired towards us. Our eyes make contact and instantly I knew those deep brown eyes anywhere.

I instantly smile and he smiles at me and stops in his tracks and opens his arms out.

I run over and jump straight into his arms and he whispers in my ear.

"Happy birthday baby girl."

"I love you shawn."

"I love you too."

"I can't believe you surprised me.ive missed you so much this is the best birthday present I could ask for."

"Did you really think I was going to miss my girls birthday?"

"Well by the way it sounded yes I thought you were."

"Oh baby I'm sorry I just-"

" I don't care why you did what you did I'm just happy you are here now shut up and kiss me."

He chuckles and leans down as I lean up. Our lips touch and I'm finally glad I have this feeling of happiness back.  He grabs my hand and we head home.

We cuddle on the sofa and shawn bakes me a birthday cake well failed at baking it but it was the thought that had counted. He put candles on it and sang happy birthday to me. I blew the candles out and shawn puts the cake away and we cuddle up again with small kisses every here and there.

He gives me his presents and then we go upstairs to watch a film in bed.

"You shannon are the best girlfriend ever." He randomly bursts out.

"And you shawn are the best boyfriend ever." I kiss him and then cuddle up in his arms.

We fell asleep in each other's arms. It was the best birthday I could've wished for.