Chapter 4: Meeting Alpha Alexander Miller

MARIA'S POV

I got off the bus stop and when I got off the bus it was dark and it was raining. I put on my hood before walking over to the B&B. I walked over to the receptionist and I told him.

"A room for 1 thanks and it's only for one night."

"All right, your name please."

The receptionist told me before handing over a form. I signed it and then he showed me to my room for the night. After giving me the key, he told me that breakfast will be ready at 8:00 am. Once he was gone, I sighed in relief and I put down my rucksack and I got changed out of the wet clothes and I put on my pyjamas. I felt a little warmer now and I looked at my phone for any messages and some of them were from my two best friends and one from my mother.

Mum: "I hope everything is okay, Maria. This will be the last time I'll send any messages to you. I can't let James trace any of my messages back to you. I love you, Maria.

I smiled a little when I read that message. I sighed a little and I decided to get some rest since I had to get up early to get some breakfast and I've got a long walk as well. I got under the covers and I switched off the lamp before falling asleep. 

LYLA'S POV

I was missing my daughter so badly right now but, I couldn't let it bother me since I had to make sure there wasn't any way for James to trace my calls back to Maria. I also had to make a rope out of the bedsheets when she tried to make her 10th escape from the cottage. I had the TV on and I decided to act like I've been asleep without even checking up on Maria. When I heard the door opening, I quickly laid down on the couch and I pretended to be asleep.

I heard James walk over to me and then he gently shook me a little.

"Wakey, wakey, sleepyhead."

I groaned a little and I opened my eyes and I was greeted by that fake smile.

"Welcome home, darling, *yawns*"

I yawned a little before sitting up and I asked him.

"When did you get back home?"

"Just now, how's Maria?"

"She's up in her room, sulking, as usual."

"Ah, she's at that age where teenage girls get a little snappy, you remember what that was like?"

"*Giggle* how can I forget? I nearly bit my father's head off one too many times."

"Anyway, I'm gonna go and check up on her, can you make me some coffee?"

"Sure."

I got off the couch and I started to make the coffee. I watched him head up the stairs and I sighed a little to calm my nerves before I heard James shouting.

"Maria!! she's gone!!"

I dropped the spoon and I looked at James with a shocked expression on my face.

"What?! gone?! what do you mean gone?" I asked him as we headed back upstairs only to find her window lying wide open with some bedsheets tied together to make a rope.

"She must have somehow unlocked her bedroom window and used these bedsheets to climb out, how did you not hear her escape?"

"I must have passed out when we were watching the TV, James I am so sorry."

"Don't be, she couldn't have gone far, I hope. I'll start searching for her through town, you call those best friends of her's Jasmine and Amelia and see if she's staying with them."