Chapter 5: Father And Daughter Reunited

MARIA'S POV

Alexander and I held in each other's arms after I told him that I was his daughter. Alexander finally pulled away from me and he smiled at me.

"I can't believe after all these years you're finally back home, but, where's Lyla? didn't she come with you?"

"No, I came to the Redwoods pack on my own, she had to stay behind and deal with my fa...well, James, the same man who you hated after he blackmailed her."

"So, she's finally told you the truth huh? when did she tell you?"

"A couple of days ago, in fact, I'm still a bit shocked myself when I discovered her little secret, I mean, I wasn't expecting my biological father to be a werewolf. Not that it's a bad thing."

Alexander chuckled and he ruffled my hair.

"You're definitely your mother's daughter all right."

"Um, excuse me, Alpha."

"What now Jacob?" Alexander spoke in an annoyed tone.

"I don't mean to burst your bubble but, how do we know for certain this woman is your daughter? I mean it's been 18 years since she and our Luna disappeared.

"The mark on her left arm that proves she's a part of this pack."

"And I've actually got this with me," I told Jacob as I showed him the birth certificate.

Jacob took the birth certificate and he was shocked when he read the names of my parents. 

"I'm not sure if that's enough to convince you but, if it makes you feel any better, I'd be more than happy to do a DNA test."

Jacob looked at the stamp on the birth certificate and he looked convinced.

"There's no need, this is definitely real all right. I'm so sorry for treating the way I did."

"It's fine, as I said, I completely understand why you would be on the defence."

"...I like her, she's got a kind spirit."

"Hahaha!! just like her mother."

The man called Jacob smiled at me and he said to me.

"Anyway, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Jacob, I'm Alexander's Beta, his second in command."

"Nice to meet you, Jacob and thanks for bringing me here."

"You're welcome, I'm gonna go back to patrol duty, please excuse me while I leave the two of you to get better acquainted."

"Thank you again, Jacob."

Alexander told him before he left the room. Once Jacob was gone, Alexander and I looked at each other and we were about to say something.

"Um-" We both said in unison and we both laughed afterwards.

"You first," Alexander said to me with a smile.

"So you really are my werewolf father, aren't you?"

"I am, tell me, have you shifted yet?"

"Shifted? what does that mean?"

"You mean...Lyla hasn't told you about us werewolves? our traditions and our customs etc?"

"No, as I said, I only found out the truth a few days ago."

Alexander looked shocked when I told him this and he mumbled.

"Lyla, you crazy Luna..."

"Alpha?" I asked him.