68.

Nevaeh

I was up by 7. Even though I'd not slept much throughout the night, I kept thinking about what the caller had told me yesterday. My brother was found and they think it was suicide. It just didn't sound like something my brother would do, he's too full of ...spite for something like that. Then for him to put me as a next of kin. It just doesn't make sense, what is he trying to do to me now?

I got up from the bed as quietly as possible, not to wake Harry. He looks so peaceful laying there, while my mind is everywhere. Not knowing what to expect from the day.

I got around for the day then made my way downstairs and made some coffee and toast. Soon after Harry was wrapping his arms around me, asking "baby are you ok, you're up so early, but didn't wake me?" I nodded but said "I had a long night is all, just wanted to let you sleep" we walked to the table to sit down.

Harry started by saying "Nevaeh, do you have any idea why they want you to come in?" I looked down and said "Harry, that call yesterday, they uhm, they said they found my brother. It looked as though he made suicide, but ...you know" I looked up at him "Harry, you've seen my brother, he's not the kind to do something like that. They also stated I was his next if kin on his form. I just don't get it"  I reached for him, but he was on his feet and next to me "Then they said he left a letter, if I came they could tell me what they know" Harry said "oh baby, I'm so sorry, I had no idea. This has to be hard, I know he was a monster to you, but he's still your brother" He kissed my head and just held me.

Harry said "maybe we should see if Bren and JoJo might want to have another night with the kids. We don't know what's going to happen once we get there, not that we need to pawn our kids out..."

"Actually, that'd be great. Can you take care of it? I'm not in a good frame today"

"Yeah baby, I'm on it. Then I'll get ready and we'll go"

Harry swiftly sent the messages and headed off to get ready and we were ready to go.

Harry

I thought it best to see if Bren and JoJo would be able to keep the kids another night if possible. Especially after what Nevaeh had told me. We didn't know what we might walk into. I know my girl is strong, but she needs time as well, it's a lot sometimes and with three toddlers...

So I suggested and she didn't fight me so I sent the messages.

ToBren: would you mind having the boys another night? If you can't let us know.

To JoJo: would it be alright for Char to stay one more night? If not just let us know.

I had sent and quickly went to dress to head out. At the time reaching the car my phone dinged twice...

From Bren: yes, it's fine. Hope all is well.

From JoJo: yes, Briana would love that actually.

We got to the prison. We'd gotten out but Nevaeh stood still. I went up to her and took her hands in mine, I  said "I'm right here with you. It's going to be ok baby" I kissed her cheek. We continued walking together hand in hand.

We signed in and was asked to be seated for the officer in charge of that area.

We did as asked.

Nevaeh then suddenly stated as we awaited the officer to take us back...."I'm scared" I looked over to her to reassure her once again "baby, it's going to be fine" and kissed her cheek just as an officer opened the door to call her back. I could feel her tense up under my hand on her shoulders. I stood up, offering her a hand, she took it. We followed him back.

Nevaeh

At the prison for some reason I was scared. The moment the officer called my name, I literally tensed as though I was going to jail. Harry helped me and gave me a hand.

The officer badge name was S. Murphy. He began with he was sorry to meet under these circumstances. I just nodded my head. He proceeded with they found a letter on Damien's bed, it was addressed to me. I was in shock, and my jaw dropped.

I couldn't help it I asked "so, do you know what happened? Did you read the note? When was my name put on as a next of kin? I just don't get any of this" I was just kinda rapid firing at this officer Murphy.

He then said "slow down there ms. Timms. No, we did not read the letter, it is for you. He hung himself in the night or early morning, it was between bed checks. As for next of kin, that would be when he was incarcerated" he looked at me "I hope this answers those questions. Is there anything else ms?"

"I uh ..I don't think so, but it just doesn't sound like him. He's always hated me. Do I need to do anything else here then Mr. Murphy?"

"Would you like his personal possessions he had here? We just need a signature here" he points on a page " for the letter and if you wish for his other things. Oh and would you like to make arrangements for burial, or we can place him with the unclaimed or that have no family that happen" officer Murphy stated

I stood up. "I can't  do this, I'll take the letter, but I don't care for anything else" I looked around for a way out. "I gotta get out of here"

Officer Murphey stood reaching his hand to shake "thank you for coming, that's all. Have a nice day Ms. Timms" he motioned us the way out.

Harry and I managed to get to the car before I just screamed "how can he keep doing this to me?"

Harry said "baby look at me" I did so, he said "he's gone now, he cannot do anything more. I love you so much, we'll get through this" he kissed me.

I knew it sounded awful to just leave like that, but I was feeling claustrophobic all of a sudden. Perhaps I could pay for a burial, he was/is my brother afterall. He's not an unknown without a name. Sure he never treated me right, but I'm not him.

"Harry" I said

"Yes Vaeh"

"I know I just left that place like I don't give a shit, but Damien" I sniffed " is it bad I want to pay for a burial after what he's done to me? I mean, he's not a nameless nobody to just throw away....rught?" I asked him

"No, baby it's not bad, you are nothing like him. You're right though he's not a nameless nobody. He's your brother and one day you may want to visit him, this way you'll be able to. If they do it, youll6never have that option"

"Thank you for understanding and always loving me Harry"

"Always"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Please like ☆

Share

Comment