Tea and Sweets (Radio Interview - Harry)

This one shot takes place after chapter 29 in Radio Interview and it's about Maca and Harry as I can't focus too much on them during RI due to the fact they are not the main characters. I hope you like it. It's dedicated to my friend Maca.

-:-:-:-

Tea and Sweets
Harry Styles

She was this kind of girl who dragged you to her with just one look. She had this sweetness in her big and dark eyes that captivated me from the first moment. She smiled so adorably and it made me feel weird inside. She was surrounded by something special that caught my attention immediately. She was special, she was sweet, she was adorable, she was natural, she was down-to-earth and I could see all that without having talked to her yet.

I needed to talk to her, though.

There was something inside of me pushing me to her and for the same reason I couldn’t just take a no for an answer. And it was for the same reason that I was so nervous for my first date with Maca. It was funny, though. Since I was in the band and getting girls became much easier, I got kind of used to just flash them a smile and that was it; but Maca made me doubt myself, she made me put myself in ridiculous just to get a yes from her.

I wanted this date to be special. Just as her. But I didn’t want to overwhelm her in the first date. I could do that in another one.

Lou helped me to think of something different for the date and to keep it secret. I didn’t want the media mocking me for going out with another girl. I didn’t want them to say that Maca was just another girl in my growing list because I saw her differently.

I picked her at home in my Range Rover as we were going out of the city. When she walked outside her house, I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. She looked so feminine and lovely with her short hair framing her face, a beige trench coat with the belt making look her waist smaller, black skinny jeans and high heels. She looked so beautiful and natural and she noticed I was looking at her because her cheeks were burning bright when were face to face in front of her door.

“You look lovely,” I told her with a tone that showed how mesmerised I was for her.

“Thank you,” she replied avoiding my eyes. She looked even cutter when she was embarrassed.

We walked to my car and I opened the door for her and hurried to take my place at the driving seat. “So, where are we going?” She asked me when I started the engine and the car started moving.

“Somewhere quiet. I assumed you’d like it if no one interrupted us. I hope you don’t mind,” I replied kind of nervous. Maybe she didn’t want to be completely alone with me yet.

“Not at all. The quieter, the better. I don’t like crowded places,” she said with a smile and I loosened up my grip on the wheel. I hadn’t noticed I was holding it so tight.

“Great,” I commented smiling a bit more relaxed, though I still had this knot in my stomach. I really wanted her to like what I prepared for her.

I drove and we made a little chat during the ride. I asked her a lot of things because I wanted to know her and I liked the calm and clear way she talked and expressed her mind. Maca told me a bit about everything: her family, her friends –she told me how she had this friend who bullied her the same way my friends did the other day in the station, so she could understand me perfectly–, her major at uni and things she enjoyed. I learnt a lot about her but I wanted to know more.

We got to my Lou’s friend’s place away from London in a small and quiet town. What was special about this house was that it was a café with a very cosy and homey atmosphere. I loved that place and Sarah, the owner, was such a wonderful and mother-like woman. She was glad to help me with my date that day.

I parked and led Maca inside the café, she kept looking at everything with curious eyes, catching all the details and I could see she liked the place already. The beautiful garden, the classic architecture, the decoration of the inside, everything.  I could see Maca’s approval in her bright eyes.

Sarah was waiting inside with a big and welcoming smile. “Harry,” she greeted me. “And Maca, I assume. I hope you enjoy everything, dear. Harry really want to impress you,” she added winking at her.

I saw Maca blushing as she shook Sarah’s hand and smiled at her. Sarah led us to the room where all the sofas, tables and the fireplace were. Maca kept smiling awestruck by all the details in the room and we were the only ones there as I asked Sarah to keep the café closed to public that afternoon.

I helped Maca with her coat and soon we sat on comfortable couches next to the fireplace, a little coffee table between us. Sarah left us alone to come back with a tray with several teapots.

The plan was to make Maca try all the kind of teas that Sarah could prepare so wonderfully, altogether with different kind of homemade sweets. It was a sweet feast and I hoped Maca would like it.

And apparently, she did because her eyes sparkled when I explained to her the plan. It seemed like I chose the perfect activity as she was a tea lover.

We had a wonderful afternoon, enjoying all the different types of tea whilst we talked about all what we wanted. There wasn’t a dull moment during that date. Maca wasn’t like me, she was calmer, she rather stay home watching Doctor Who or reading a book instead of going out, like I loved to do. She didn’t drink and she had never got drunk. She was slowing living her live without rushing anything, contrary to my life that it seemed to never stop. But despite the differences, we had chemistry, and I could see it. She respected everything I did, even if she didn’t share them. With all our different opinions, we had even more to talk about and it surprised me how much I enjoyed that: chatting.

Hours passed and I didn’t even notice them. Suddenly, it was really late and we had eaten all the sweets and drank all the tea. As I drove her home, I realised how much I didn’t want our date to end. I was really reluctant to drive her home. But nothing could last forever and I found myself walking Maca to her door anyways with this feeling in my stomach that it was too soon. I wasn’t ready to say goodbye yet.

“I had a great time. I wasn’t expecting something that nice and sweet from you. You totally surprised me, Harry,” she said and I smiled proud of myself because she sounded completely sincere, but I wondered what kind of impression she had of me.

“I had a great time, too. It was a new experience for me,” I confessed and her smile was so lovely it made my heart race a bit. During that afternoon she got used to my presence and her smile stopped being awkward and embarrassed.

We were face to face and I couldn’t stop looking at her. I was the kind who kissed in the first date, but I knew Maca wouldn’t like that and she might even feel offended. It could end everything between us in that exact moment. Therefore, I held back any impulse to kiss her.

“You think we can repeat this soon?” I asked her hopefully.

“Hmmm… you sure the famous Harry Styles wants to go out with an ordinary girl like me? Again?” She asked like she couldn’t understand me.

“You underestimate yourself,” I replied looking her in the eyes. “I’d love to go out with you again.”

“You’re not as I expected,” she mused still surprised. “It would be lovely, Harry.”

Was it weird that I wanted to bump the air screaming ‘yes’? Because that was my impulse.

“I’ll call you very soon, then,” I told her and I couldn’t help it, I leaned in and kissed her cheek ever so softly.

I knew it surprised her because when I stepped back, her cheeks were blushed and she looked like she didn’t know what to do, but she had this little and adorable smile playing on her lips. I smiled cockily and her cheeks went redder. She was so cute.

“Bye, Harry,” she said in a very small and embarrassed voice.

“See you soon, Maca,” I replied and she smiled wider for a few seconds before turning around and opening her door.

I stayed there for a couple of seconds before walking to my car, my hands in my pockets and a silly smile on my face. It had turned out better than I expected and now I couldn’t wait for our second date.