it's friendship, friendship

"it's friendship, friendship, what a perfect blendship!" - friendship, anything goes

~~~

A scream echoed down the never-ending corridor, followed by a thud, and a muffled "ow". No, there was no murder. That, is how she is greeted every morning by her best friend. Sometimes, the roles are reversed, and Anaïs finds herself as the one who attacks Jovie-Blaze Selig. JB and Anaïs complemented each other. Where one was grounded, the other was aloof. Where one radiated joy and warmth, the other exuded a cold air of judgement. Where one was carefree beyond belief, the other commanded a personality not unlike a slab of marble.

But differences aside, they were close. Hence, the comfortability felt in greeting each other in quite a violent manner. Today's reason for attack was the fight over Anaïs' phone, which was not the latest model, but had amazing camera quality. Contrary to the popular notion that being the favourite in any context was a negative display of character as a "suck up" or "pet", it did come with benefits, which Anaïs learnt to manage early on. As the oldest in a semi-traditional Asian family, she reaped the benefits of being the oldest. Among other things, her richer relatives were more prone to gift-giving, no matter her achievements. Her new phone was a product of this.

Bringing us back to the scene before us, JB has conquered, pinning Anaïs down by sitting on her and tickling her, perhaps one of her weaknesses, alongside snacks and tickets to her favourite musicals.

"You let me play with your phone, I get off you, deal?"

"No? Girl this is my phone. But - but but but but but - if you let me record you being dumb all day, I may consider it."

A grunt that didn't sound unlike "fine" was produced from the person on top of her, and suddenly a weight was lifted off her chest. By that point though, Anaïs was rather comfortable on the floor, managing to find a spot that agreed with her back, meaning that JB's next battle was hauling her lazy friend off the ground, with a promise of food. It worked, but with considerable effort on her part.

Sauntering back to the group, free food in hand, JB and Anaïs marched back to their group with all the smugness of a dog that had gotten into the food stash. Which, in a way, was pretty much what they were. Making friends with the staff in the school canteen was definitely one of their better decisions. Not healthy, but who has time to be healthy when other, more enticing food options are right in front of you?

A circle of girls, looking, and sounding, eerily like an amateur cult, was where they found themselves, squeezing into the spots that were left on the fake grass. A flying nacho narrowly missed her lap, but the scream of "HUMANS DON'T TASTE LIKE CHICKEN" most certainly did not fall on deaf ears. Hearing loss was a given in this group, Anaïs a worthy opponent in the who can scream the loudest championship. It's really not her fault she knows how to use her diaphragm and vocal cords well. Sitting down between two friends of hers, she began picking at her food, feeling the beginning of a headache forming. 

~~~

xlyssx