Chapter 2

The time that has been passed was unknown. However, with one individual, he continued to count until the time was right for him to finally break free from the stone that had captured all of humanity. The sound of something being broken is heard, and soon the cracks had started to increase until a voice was heard. Senku, after being trapped in stone had finally broken free and squinting at the bright sunlight that shone from up above.

"Finally..I'm free.."

He groaned as he takes the chance and sits up, looking at his surroundings as the stone remains continue to shed from his body. He gazes at the tall trees, the massive land of moss and vines scattered everywhere as animals were roaming free.

"If my calculations are correct..It should be April 5th, 5736..So it was approximately 3,700 years that had passed since the stone world began."

Senku sighs as he finally gets up from his stiff position, giving his body a stretch as he looks down at where his body had laid. Taking in the form, he had started to trace it with some stones all the while still inspecting the stone fragments that had shed from his body.

"I guess I wasn't the only one that was infected by this light..what in the world..?"

After finishing his task, he looks around and approached a large tree to gather some spare leaves and vines to help cover his private parts. After securing the rope, he turns back to look at a suspecting stone hand coming from the ground and exhaling through his nose.

"I might need to come back to that later. First I need to see if I can get myself some essentials.."

And thus, began Senku's journey of survival. It had started out rough with the proper knowledge he had, he was able to get himself started with a small camp base. Before the day was coming to a close, it was essential for him to start a fire to keep himself warm. After successfully doing so, he sat by the firepit and exhaled loudly all the while letting his tired conscious kick in.

"Jesus, all of this freakin work for one person is insane!! I can barely manage one day, what more for how long I'm going to survive!"

As he could feel his mind running in circles, he gazes up at the star-lit sky as the fire was slowly going out. Gazing up, he couldn't help but remember the last moments of humanity before it fell. The last thing he saw was the color of [ e/c ]. The color of [ f/n ]'s worried eyes before his vision was engulfed into black. His hands clenched at his side as he raises his fist towards the sky, opening his hand again to gaze at it.

"Don't worry [ f/n ]. Even in this stone world, I'll find you." Senku declared to himself, nodding to himself before grabbing the makeshift sleeping bag he made and calling it a night to rest.

After what seemed like months, Senku's base had turned from a campsite into a full blown base. After finally finishing the last touches to his makeshift shovel, he looks at the original direction to where it had led towards the area that he saw from where he first woke up. Traveling that distance, he approaches the odd looking hand that was sticking out from the ground and had embodied the shovel into the dirt.

"Just from the look of this hand, I can take a wild guess on who this might be." After having all of the dirt dug out, Senku inhaled sharply as he gazed at the familiar stone statue while he had placed his shovel to the side. He chuckles to himself before leaning towards the lump of dirt and smirking at the statue.

"Well I never thought I'd be so glad to see you, you big oaf." Senku claims as he started to poke at Taiju's head. But as he was about to yell at the statue, he heard the distant noise of a droplet hitting the ground. Catching his attention elsewhere, he leaves the hole that he made and approached the cave that was off to his right. Gazing at the inside of it, he looks at the dripping liquid coming from the ceiling and also noticing the bats around the top as well.

"Wait..this is nitric acid!" Senku proclaimed as he gazed at all of the bats minding their own business.

"Wait..that means that if the stone was technically a husk that was made from the outside..then that means there had to be something that had caused it to break from the outside as well.."

Senku had started to mumble to himself before he rubbed the back of his neck. Feeling a bit of the stone still attached to him, he tore a bit of hair with a piece of stone before placing it under the falling liquid coming from the ceiling. Staring at the piece at hand, he continued to watch it until the familiar sound of a crack was heard and the pieces of hair was broken free.

Senku grinned as he quickly went back to the campsite, grabbing a cup before letting it sit underneath where it landed. After waiting a few minutes, he snatched the cup and poured the same liquid over Taiju's head and waiting for him to break free. However, as a few minutes pass by, Senku then stares at the statue with a confused look before starting to pour the liquid over other various statues. Senku groans as he looks at the empty cup and back at the Taiju statue in front of him.

"Well I guess we're going to need another component to mix this nitric acid. Darn..if only I had some alcohol.."

Senku sighs as he places the cup down and starts to lift Taiju's statue over to the cave. After placing him on the ground, Senku grunts as he stretches and places his hands on his hips.

"Alright you big oaf. You better wake up soon or else you won't have a chance to confess to Yuzuriha, ever. I don't think a couple of years will stop you from not doing so, won't it?"

Senku continues to speak as he smirks at the figure, his smile only fading as he looks towards the open space and leaving his arms at his side. He turns to take one final glance at Taiju's body before looking back and leaving the cave to follow the river. After following the river north, he had stumbled upon a large tree, looking up at the massive size he had noticed a statue embedded into the trunk and vines of it. Senku smirked as he approaches the tree and glancing up at Yuzuriha as he took out his makeshift knife.

"Considering that this is where that big oaf is going to go..might as well write him a small message."

He starts to carve into the tree and making sure to rub the moss away from the message so it was legible. After writing the last character, he takes a step back to look at his work before glancing at the Yuzuriha statue that stood in front of him. It wasn't until an idea crossed his mind was when Senku's eyes had widened for a moment before following Yuzuriha's eyesight. From what Senku could see, were the remains of the old school building that he studied at. He started to approach it slowly, noticing some of the statues that were standing near by.

"[ f/n ]..!"

Quickly running up to the statues, he searched through them and trying to distinguish where his childhood friend could be. After searching for what seemed like hours, he gazes at the last statue, only to find it broken at his feet and his whole body coming to a halt as he takes a seat on the ground. Senku sighs in defeat as he rubs the back of his neck, looking at the previous path he made all the while searching through the other statues.

As he continued to be swallowed by defeat, he heard the familiar sound of water crashing onto a bed of sand. Taking a look further from where he sat down, he started to walk pass all of the other trees and found himself at a beach, the moon shining bright at him as the water cascated its reflection. He takes a closer look as he sits himself down at the sand, pulling his knees close to his chest before having his arms rest against the top of it.

"It's only been about 3 months since I woke up and I was lucky enough to find Yuzuriha and Taiju while I'm still standing."

Senku spoke to himself, allowing to listen to the sound of the ocean and the still quietness. He let his hand run through the sand a bit more before looking out towards the open water and shifting his gaze to look at the moon.

"I won't stop looking for you, [ f/n ]. I'll do anything just to have you by my side again. I promise."