30 Totally Useless Facts

1.The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are removed.

2.Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.

3.The average lead pencil will draw a line 35 miles long or write approximately 50,000 English words.

4.You're born with 300 bones, but by the time you become an adult, you only have 206.

5.The worlds oldest piece of chewing gum is 9000 years old!

6.A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years!

7.Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian, and had only ONE testicle.

8.An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain

9.Slugs have 4 noses.

10.It's against the law to burp, or sneeze in a church in Nebraska, USA

11.More people are allergic to cow's milk than any other food.

12.In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child.

13.The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

14.The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.

15.First novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.

16.The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable".

17.Did you know that there are coffee-flavored PEZ?

18.The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days of yore when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.

19.The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.

20.Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades -King David, Clubs -Alexander the Great, Hearts - Charlemagne, and Diamonds -Julius Caesar.

21.If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

22.The term "the whole 9 yards" came from W.W.II fighter pilots in the South Pacific. When arming their airplanes on the ground, the .50 caliber machine gun ammo belts measured exactly 27 feet, before being loaded into the fuselage. If the pilots fired all their ammo at a target, it got "the whole 9 yards."

23.In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.

24.The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.

25.How about this.... The nursery rhyme Ring Around the Rosey is a rhyme about the plague. Infected people with the plague would get red circular sores ("Ring around the rosey..."), these sores would smell very badly so common folks would put flowers on their bodies somewhere (inconspicuously), so that it would cover the smell of the sores ("...a pocket full of poseys..."), People who died from the plague would be burned so as to reduce the possible spread of the disease ("...ashes, ashes, we all fall down!")

26.Los Angeles' full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula" and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, "L.A."

27.The Ramses brand condom is named after the great phaoroh Ramses II who fathered over 160 children (too little too late, huh?).

28.Duelling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

29.Cranberries are sorted for ripeness by bouncing them; a fully-ripened cranberry can be dribbled like a basketball.

30.To "testify" was based on men in the Roman court swearing to a statement made by swearing on their testicles.