XX. The Confrontation

Dylan did not know what to do. Does Yue want him to pretend that everything is okay? Do they continue to interact like before? He scratched his head and let out a loud grunt. Their recent conversations were mainly related to work or updates on Shang Yan. The police were at that point ready to bring him in but they had been unable to locate him.

"Hey Didi, tone it down. My neighbours will think I'm torturing you."

"Xi Ze! Yue and I have so little time left together and I'm in total mess."

"What's the problem?"

"Ever since she said she will be leaving, I find it awkward around her. I should be at this point spend more time with her and cherish her but...."

"Are you getting cold feet about the relationship?"

"No, of course not!" Didi protested.

"Or are you afraid of falling deeper in love with her because you will get hurt?"

"I....I didn't see it that way before."

"I'm not love expert but it seemed like u are avoiding the matter. That she is leaving."

Dylan covered his face with his hands. He groaned. "I'm such a loser, Xi Ze."

"Make it up for her. Bring her on a date."

"What date?"

"You know, go out with her."

"I'm always with her."

"You are really an idiot. I mean romance her! Bring her someplace special. Sweet talk her. Make her feel loved." Xi Ze explained.

Dylan cocked his head and narrowed his eyes at Xi Ze "Do you date Jia Qi?"

"Definitely. Hey, buddy," Xi Ze said, hitting his chest. "Xi Men Yan will give you some tips."

"But isn't loving someone means spending time with them? I mean I have watched movies with her before at my place and we hang out a lot. Doesn't that count?"

Xi Ze shook her head. Dylan looked crestfallen.

"What if Yue does not like this kind of dates?"

Xi Ze hit his head.

"Ouch!"

"Just do it!"

Dylan rubbed his head and looked at his friend. Xi Ze does have a way with girls.

With Shang Yan's case still hot on the run, he could not possibly bring her out in public areas. He could plan something in Leshan but that would be a week from now. He needed something now.

"Xi Ze. I need your help, buddy"

____________________

Yue noticed their awkwardness. There seemed to be an imaginary wall between them. Their conversations were guarded and careful. Is this how they are going to spend the rest of the time together? She did know what to do. So, when she received a message from him, she jumped with excitement.

Our day off tomorrow. Shall we have dinner together? Wear something nice.

She beamed.

They were always together but never on a date.

I hope he won't bring us somewhere public, she thought. Shang Yan was still out there somewhere and questioning Ah Peng did not help either. He was an accomplice but not his keeper.

She wanted to do something for him too. Snapping her fingers, she started to write down a list.

______________