#1

Life just really isn't fair. Well, your life that is. You thought back to all the wonders of childhood; you bathed in attention and admiration, life was simple, not a single day of work to break your back.

Leaning against the counter, you sighed, daydreaming away as you let the sounds of childish tyranny run over you and consume your mind. Children laughing, running, crying, screaming. It drove you to pure insanity, and within that moment you had forgotten about the glass you were polishing and allowed it to slip through to it fingers and shatter on the floor. Only then we're you ripped from your bubble of thought.

"Y/N!" A voice bellowed from the other side of the bar, causing your eyes to widen in fear and you to swallow the lump in your throat.

The man clamped his teeth together In anger, and sneered as he towered over you. "Can't you do any-fuckin'-thing right?" He growled, reaching out to grab the nearby broom that leant against the colourful wall. "I-I apologise s-sir, I just got really distracted an-" your words were cut short as a stick was shoved into your face with force, and without hesitation, you grabbed it, finally understanding that it was no 'stick' but a broom.

"Clean this shit up" he spoke, turning away to continue on with what he was doing. "I swear, this kid's got the intelligence of a fuckin' goldfish" he mumbled under his breath as he progressively got further away from you.

"A goldfish eh?" You murmured silently, sweeping all the glass shards into a dustpan. "Restricted to a glass bowel with no purpose but to just exist." You went on, all under your breath of course. "Seems I have a lot in common with em".

You crouched down, wincing at the pain of your fatigue limbs and picking up the pan of glass, carefully lifting yourself up to walk to the back where the trashcan was kept. Sliding the clattering shards into the trash, you sighed. You hated your job, you hated your co-worker. You hated your boss. You weren't even human to these people, and your determination was fading.

While you were in the back, you made sure to check the clock, reading that you had another hour until closing time, and more importantly, home time. Your 'home' though, wasn't much at all, you lived in an apartment with a lazy roommate who did nothing to help around the place. He also kept eating your cereal and nothing aggravated you more.

"Hey, kid, stop slackin' off and take over for me will ya?" A voice erupted, which had seem to of come from your only co-worker, Anthony, the other asshole you saw everyday, had his coat already over his shoulders and his car keys between his teeth, ready to leave you there. "B-but, your shift isn't over yet! We still got another hour!" You carefully protested, trying not to push his buttons too much.

He just laughed and gave a smirk that boiled your blood with a glance. "Exactly. And I got things to be doin', now take over otherwise Afton's gonna hear all about these little accidents you been making the past week." He finished, and without another word, he left you there.

It wasn't the first time he'd been a douche and left early, he always took advantage over your fears of Mr Afton and weakness against him, and he always got away with it. This was just how things were. Hopeless and remote.