Necessary Sacrifice

The white sheet of paper is what scared Virgil. He didn't want to do this in fear he would get caught and executed, or imprisoned for a long period of time. Daniel reinsured him that everything was going to be okay multiple times before and after he had the paper in his hand. The paper read as so, with messy handwriting;

Mission: One plays the role of a new friend, Other becomes his guide, third becomes their shield.
Time Executed by: N i g h t O f T h e D a r k
From: Unknown
To: Darks

  It was clear that even though Daniel could be a good friend, he would cause suspicion. Remus was out of the question the moment they got the paper, he would not be a good guide, but a good pathway leader in this case. It was decided that Virgil would be the perfect undercover bait they all needed, as well as Daniel being his guide.

   "This is going to be so much fun!" Remus said as he jumped up, laying down on the dirty, muddy ground like it was his bed. Virgil held the paper for the time being, In caution that anyone would need it. Daniel took out the knife in his pocket, which was stained with red as well as his knife, although a bit more cleaner. He spun it around his gloved fingers.

   "We'll have to make a plan of how we even get into the castle, or at least into the streets in daylight."

   Virgil looked at the full moon lit glow at his dirty bare feet, wondering how Remus even managed to go down on the ground. He put the paper In his pocket, scratching the bricks behind him with his cat sharp nails on his other hand.

    "We should probably do something meaningful to past the time instead of just standing here doing nothing."

   Remus looked at Virgil with a smirk filled with laughter waiting to come.
"I'm doing something! I'm laying here!"
"Meaningful."
"I'm making an arts and crafts project with these pieces of string?"

   "Close enough you'll ever get,"Daniel said staring directly at Remus, smiling once he stopped his knife, "We should probably get some rest if we have to plan tomorrow, it'll be a long day." He sat down, making sure to spread out everything that was touching the ground to a more darker part of the ally.

   "That I can actually agree with that." Virgil pushes his trash pile to Remus instead, Remus showing gratitude that his trash pile was growing.

   Virgil chuckled and sat down, back against the brick wall. Even though it was hard to keep the thoughts out of his head for the next twenty minutes, it sometimes worked with the occasional snoring of Remus and the steady, calm breathing of Daniel finally getting a break to just relax. However, it didn't last very long.

   'What will happen if we get caught? Are we going to die? Tortured until we finally take our last breath? Sent to the prison where many of our other members are kept? God, I miss them. What will happen if we fail? They're going to kill us. I'm dead. We're dead. I failed-'

  Suddenly, Virgil snapped out of his anxious state to find a gloved hand over his. He looked up, seeing the worried look on Daniel's half burned face.

    "It's going to be alright, If you get caught we'll come to rescue you and the others. Even if everyone else disagrees. I know you won't fail, you have a good heart, you can do this. Take some deep breathes and close your eyes." Over time, Daniel felt a slightly heavy weight on his shoulder. Smiling, he put his head to the side, trying not to disturb the peaceful silence that won't last long, knowing Remus.