Chapter 2; Calming and Chaos

Prince Patton woke up to the bell of the church. Usually he would have his councilor, Logan, wake him up. However, today was different due to Logan being absent on a mission to the bakeries to collect the fresh bread that should be transferred to the castle. 

  Patton went to his wardrobe, picking out a blue and grey dress shirt with black pants. As Logan would say, "Absolutely Stunning, Your Highness." As Patton would remember the moments when Logan called him by his name instead of some royal standing is moments he would forever treasure, as the look on Logan's face always was a mix of realization and confidence.

   The kingdom's future ruler looked to the right, as if he was expecting to see a focused neck-tied man standing before him. However, he suddenly remembered. 'At least I have Roman!' Patton hurried towards his door, swinging it open and running down the hall like he was a little kid, running with Roman as Logan would catch up moments after they stopped, saying that they need to stop running. Only seconds after would Roman sprint faster down the hallway.

  Patton got to the Red Knight's sleeping corders and barged in, grabbing the curtains to the windows wide open, opening a gateway of sunshine and building's shadows to come into the room. Roman opened his eyes, expecting to see Logan standing with a stern face. Instead, Roman saw the glimmering Patton, to which made him smile with excitement and Adventure waiting to happen.

"Good morning Patton! I see Logan's not here today?" The red pajama wearing man got up from his bed, walking to his wardrobe to find a perfect white top with a red sword holder on its back. All while he heard the loud, repetitive foot steps all around him, hearing the voice go all certain directions.

"Yeah, I'm gonna miss him for today, but at least we get to hang out! Maybe we can explore the town, or visit the market, or explore the ocean, or the forest-"

The excited prince was cut off by turning around, running straight into Roman, but not enough to push him down.

Fully dressed, He explained, "The first one is perfect, we really haven't visited the citizens in a while with all the work Logan makes us go through."

"Yay! Cmon! Hurry up!" Patton was already halfway down the hall, making the iron knight run after him, the echoes of his suit rumbling off the stone walls of the palace. Roman laughed and tried to catch up, his back hurting due to his sword banging on it from it's holder.

~~~~~~~

Virgil looks around, waking up to find himself in complete darkness other than the light coming from the square light at the end of the alley. Feeling no weight on his hand, he suspected Daniel went to the town, definitely under disguise. He looked at the gigantic pile of trash, seeing it move up and down. Virgil stared at it for a while, wondering if he should wake Remus up or let him be.

  Virgil grabbed the paper the was cautiously close by him and looked at it once more. He knew when the night of the dark will be giving him two weeks to ensure that he was close to the royal family. No doubt Daniel will help him with his disguise, or they could just let him be as he is, giving him to the royals to clean up the "injured" peasant.

'So many opportunities, so many chances to mess up.'

  The pale man got up and brushed himself off from the not-so-dirty-because-of-Remus ground. As if a devil's calling, Remus at up on his trash mountain, and looked up at Virgil.

  "Mornin virgin, ready for a fun day of chaos?", He jumped up, causing his pointy shoes to hit the mud with a big splash, "We gotta go to the town, I need to get a weapon and you need to get new clothes, can't go to the place looking like an assassin."

  Virgil ignored the new nickname he needed to add to the list, and put the paper in his pocket.

"Don't you already have some knives? I swear to god if you kept them in the body again-" Virgil was cut off by a muddy hand covering his mouth.

  "No I did not, be proud. Also I can't take out guards with some petty knife, we're gonna get my old mace back!" Remus took off his hand from Virgil's mouth, wiping it on his ripped shirt as if being clean was the new dirty.

Virgil's fave was filled with confusion, as he remembered when Remus lost his mace to a drunken man back when Daniel and Him met Remus, "Isn't your dad dead, though?"

"Apparently no, but he's gonna be!" Remus had a smile on his face as he grabbed Virgil's hand, pulling him towards the darker part of the alley, where there was a ladder leading to the top of the building Remus was sleeping against. Virgil grabbed his knife out of his pocket, ready for whatever bloody future Remus was leading him to.