37

The last conversation Hoseok had with his anonymous friend left a bad taste in his mouth. He wasn't able to keep up a front for once and his friends were starting to worry but he couldn't seem to care. To hear that someone he'd come to care about felt that he hated him or didn't care and that a direct event seemed to trigger those feelings made Hoseok sick. He was consumed in his thoughts when he ran into the same kid again.

The kid that had mattered to him so much.

The kid that abandoned him.

The kid that contributed to his depression because he wasn't there.

And seeing someone he once loved while worrying about someone he'd come to love made him snap.

"Watch where the fuck you're going you worthless piece of shit!"

The hallway went silent, heads turned to stare at the nicest person in the school, shocked by the outburst.

The boy blinked at him before smiling sadly, "I told you. You hate me." With that the boy picked up his books and headed to his next class, leaving a stunned Hoseok behind him.

The late bell was what snapped Hoseok out of his stupor and as he began to think the pieces started falling into place.

It was Jin.

It had always been Jin.

| |

...surprise? Don't worry, I am a sucker for justified happy endings.