- 2 -

Y/N POV

You were standing by the couch, waiting for Daniel to call out for you or   someone will call through the phone. You hear a knock and you turn to the door. You walk over to it and open it. It's Daniel's son, Cole. He looks at you with a little hint of disgust. "Hey, I was wondering if my dad was home." You nod. "Follow me, his is just in his office doing some paperwork." You start walking to the office and Cole follows. You arrive at the office, you knock on the door and hear a faint. "Come in." You open the door and hold it for Cole and he walks in. You close it shut and stand to the side.

"Dad." Cole blinks in a awkward fashion. "I need some money." Daniel places his pencil down and looks at his son. "Are you on it." Daniel said quietly. "What, no am not on it, I just need some money." Cole tone was a bit different then before, Daniel looks at him with a serious face. "No, not this time. You spend it on stuff that I did not attend you to buy when I gave you money." Cole scoffs. "DAD, I-i really need this money." Daniel looks over at you. "Y/N, lead him out." You nod and open the door and Cole looks at you with slight rage. You lead him out of the house and you walk back to Daniel's office.

You look at the clock, 5:00. You look over at Daniel. "We should head to the event, it would be bad if you were late. It's in the middle of downtown Detroit." He looks at you and nods. Closing the book of papers. "Y/N, grab my coat." You nod and leave the room. You go to the coat hanger and grab his coat. He walks over to you and grabs it. We leave and go to his car.

You open the passenger side door and hop in. Daniel follows but on the drivers side. He drives through the main road, slightly speading. "Daniel, what are your thoughts on your son?" He sighs. "I-i don't hate him, it just he hangs out with people who have a bad influence on him. It's really bad for his mental and physical health." He looks over at you for a quick second and you nod.

Time skip, doing you a favor, you don't have to read stuff that is not important in this story.

We enter the house and you see the office light on. "Y/N, did I leave the office light on?" You tilt your head. "No, ..I don't think so." He walks over. "The police have been informed." He nods and opens the big office door, You see a person rummaging through Daniel's stuff. "Cole, what are you doing." Cole turns around. "Dad, you won't give me the money so I will get it myself." Daniel looks at you. "Stay right there." You look at them.

Cole shuffed his father to the floor. You watched as Cole moved to you, he was really close to your face and was screaming at you.

Your LED was flashing, don't move, you thought. You couldn't stand it anymore, you broke the coding wall and you were free. You punch and elbow Cole to the floor. He passed out. You were shocked, you looked around and walked to the window and ran out. You didn't know we're to go so you went to the nearest bus station and hopped on.

You had no were to go, you were looking at your hands. Think of what you have done, you did not intend for this to happen. You looked at the placeyou were at. It had a few buildings. You hop of and tried to find some were to stay. You looked at a Landry mate. Maybe you can steal some clothes, you walk in and go to one. It had clothes for you, dark blue jeans, A black hoodie and some sneakers. You grabbed them and walked to the nearest gas station and went to the bedroom. You change and walk out. You look at the cashier and looks away. He was a little confused but let it slide.

Connor POV

I walk through the street to get to the truck Lieutenant drove to. I scanned the food truck. It's called Chicken Feed. I walk up to Lieutenant and he was giving money to a man who seems to be known for illegal gambling, I walk beside Lieutenant  as he takes food from a man who was in the food truck.

"Thanks Gary." The man nods and looks at me. Lieutenant walks over to a table and places the burger and soda. "I heard your friends are engaged in illegal activities ." I tell Lieutenant. "As long as they don't hurt anyone, I let em by, you gotta do what you gotta do to get by." I nod and look down at the table.

"Do you want to know anything about me?" Lieutenant looks at me confused. "Hell no.. actually, yeah. Why did they give you that funny voice and goofy face." I look at the Lieutenant. "The way I look and sound is not important to this case." I blink at him. "I know something about you, you graduated top of your class, become one of the youngest Lieutenants, you started getting desaplinary notices..." I say. He looks at me and rolls his eyes while scoffing.

Suddenly, I get a report. "L.T Anderson, I just got a case, we should have a look." I click my tongue at the last word and look away. Anderson grabs his food and starts walking to his car and hops in. I follow and send the location to the small device he has on his dashboard.

We make it to a old apartment building, it seemed to be made years ago and was abandoned in 2016. "You coming?" I look at Anderson and nod. I walk to the door and knock. "Open up, Detroit Police!" I yell and knock again. Anderson motions me to move so I do so. Gun in hand, he kicks down the door. All there was in there was a bunch of pigeons.

Word Count: 1053