Chapter 48 - Purple Hyacinth

Spencer

The doctor rose from his airplane seat and grabbed his bag from the overhead compartment hurriedly. He was looking forward to leave as soon as he could after a few hours of being squished in the middle seat. Spencer partly blamed himself on not asking to switch seats, but he didn't really want to be that guy. Making his way through the narrow alley, he boarded off the plane.

As he went down the stairs of the plane, he wondered. Should he try to talk to Lilith again? Or would she file a restraining order against him? He decided to just let it go for now, and think about it later, when his mind was cleared from all the noise around him.

Thankfully, he didn't have to go through baggage retrieval, because of how short his stay had been. He hated to see his luggage being tossed around, and being exposed for anyone to take from the conveyer belt. It made his skin crawl to think of someone touching his things.
After wading through a sea of people, Spencer finally managed to make it to a less crowded area of the airport. His head felt terrible, the lack of sleep and the noise just made him dizzy. Exhausted, he made his way out of the airport, passing by meeting points where families would pick up their loved ones, or where businessmen would pick up their clients. But Spencer was in neither of these situations. He'd just pop into a bus an go straight home.

After a few steps, Spencer heard hurried footsteps and a familiar voice behind him, one that suddenly made his heart light.

"Spencer! Wait!"

It was Lilith, huffing and puffing. Clutched to her chest were five purple hyacinths.