Chapter 2

'Hey, you gonna eat that?' Sophie asked.
'No, go ahead'
Sophie shoved the cucumber sandwich into her mouth and chewed violently.
'Oh my god Sophie calm down, you'll get sick eating like that', Mellissa said. Sophie raised her eyebrows.
'And YOU'LL get sick not eating, here I have a protein bar-....somewhere.' Sophie looked through her bag, pulling all her French dictionaries out and placing them on the cafeteria table.
'Aha!'
She pulled out the empty wrapper and this time, Mellisa rose her eyebrow.
'Guess I was really hungry in math, I promise I would've given you some. If you ever stopped looking at that geek Ethan'
'He's not a geek! Just because he has glasses doesn't mean-'
'Doesn't mean he's a geek. You've told me this so many times but I stand by my opinion.'

Last period came and went, soon Mellisa didn't even realise she was at the school gate. She guessed her body gave up on her mind to perform functions and so, did it its self.
'Okay remember, meet at ulta and we will go from there.' Sophie and Mellisa had planned to go to the mall on the Sunday. To buy a dress for the fall dance. Neither of them planned to have dates (of course) but Mellisa had always dreamed of dancing with Ethan there. His glasses would fog up, he'd get all red; and then, only after then, they would have their first kiss. Under the banner. Mellissa had planned it in her mind. Every so often changing the space they'd dance, or the style they would dance. A hopeless romance.
'Yeah I'll meet you there'
'Great' Sophie smiled and ran off, her bus left 6 minutes after school. So she had to be quick.
Mellissa saw her dads van parked right outside the gate, it was supposed to be his work van, but her dad used it to get everywhere. After all, he couldn't afford a car and he always said public transport was disgusting and unhygienic. Mellissa disagreed with this and thought that public transport was at least cleaner than the van.
'Hi dad'
'How's it going Melly'
'Dad don't call me that, I'm not 4 anymore'
'Well you were 4 last time I blinked. Come on, I haven't seen you in ages, you've grown so much, can't believe you are only 15.'
Mellissa didn't reply and they drove home, not making more conversation other than:
'So how was your day?'
'Good'