chapter 1 - The return

Hi! This is my first story so please don't be too cruel to me. English isn't my first language so I'm sorry for any mistake that there could be. 

Unfortunately I own nothing but Alyson. 

A big thank you to LaNaniuska for the help and for the big push about publishing the chapter!

____________________________________________

That morning, Robin left two of his kids at school and then he went to  the hospital to see his son before going to work like he has done every  morning for the last week. But when he arrived to the room he saw that  his son wasn’t alone, in fact there was a woman with him, a woman that he  didn’t immediately recognize, but when she turned around he thought he was crazy.  The first thought that came to his mind when he saw her in his son's hospital room  was that he was hallucinating, that lack of sleep and worrying for his three kids was  messing with his mind. But when she turned her head towards him he stared in her eyes,  eyes that he thought he would never see again, beautiful brown eyes that could almost talk,  eyes that he had loved staring in, eyes that held love only for him at the beginning and then  that held love for his children. Or their children because the woman that was in Henry’s room was  his not so dead wife, the same wife that he had buried three years before when a psychopath killed her.  Or so he thought. 

Regina  never thought  she would be standing  there, outside the hospital  room where Henry, her beautiful  son, was resting. But, to be honest,  she never thought that her life would turn out  to be like this. Three year before she had to leave  her family because a psychopath wanted her dead; she didn’t  have a choice because her bosses decided everything while she  was unconscious and when she woke up her family already thought  she was dead. And now here she is, with her family again but at  the same time alone because Robin, her husband, still couldn't wrap his  head around the fact that his wife was in fact alive, that she had to fake  her death in order to survive and protect him and her two sons and daughter.  So even if the two of them where in the same room they didn’t speak with each  other; sometime she would catch him staring at her from where he was standing but he  would immediately look away. She didn’t even talk with Roland, her younger son, or Alyson,  her daughter, because their father wasn't sure it was a good idea that they see her; at least  for now or until he could find a way to break this news to them. It wasn't exactly easy, he couldn't  just say to them ‘your mother is alive, it was all fake, let's be a family again’. After hours of silence  she couldn’t take it anymore: “Are you going to talk to me at all or you’re just going to stand there?” Robin  looked at her like she had grown two heads: “And exactly what should I tell you? I thought you were dead Regina,  the kids thought you were dead, hell everybody thought you were dead. And then here you are, in our son’s hospital room,  alive and well after three years of nightmares and hell and you want talk, like nothing had happened? I’m sorry but I don’t  think I can do that.” And now it was Regina's turn to stare at him: “ I don’t want to talk like nothing happened, the opposite  in fact, I want to talk about what happened.” But he just stare at her. “I know you must have a lot of questions and if I can I  will answer them. But please say something because I spent the last three years alone, talking only when I couldn’t avoid it during work  and with an agent that kept me updated about you. So please, please, please say something, yell at me, be angry at me like you have every  right to be… Just don’t stay there in silence, staring at me like this because it’s killing me more than when they told me that they decided  to fake my death for the safety of my family and mine.” There were tears in her eyes that she tried to keep at bay but she failed miserable because  now there were tears running down her cheeks and the only thing that he could thought was wrapping his arms around her because he hates to see her crying,  he hates seeing her like this but he’s still too angry and the only thing that he does is go to sit in the chair near his son’s bed without looking at her  again; she couldn't blame him, after all she abandoned them. Regina left the room, she couldn't stand watching her son in that bed and do nothing to help him, she  couldn't stand watching Robin just stare at her but at the same time staring at her without really watching her. This was all a mistake, she should have listened to  the liaison agent and stay hidden where she was; she shouldn't have come back even if it was killing her stay away from her family, even if her son was in the hospital  and she couldn't do anything to help him.