thirty 🍼

it took a couple of weeks, but tyler is officially moved into josh's house. he was still in the process of moving during thanksgiving, so they ended up going to dallon's to feast. that was yesterday, though.

tyler trudges downstairs, one arm snuggling a blanket and the other clutching simba. josh hears the heavy footsteps and smiles to himself as he finishes setting tyler's plate of pancakes.

"good morning, sleepy," he says, turning to hand the boy his plate.

"feel icky..." tyler whines, voice course and barely audible.

josh gasps, setting the plate down. he rests the back of his hand on the boy's forehead and frowns. "you feel warm, baby. your tummy hurt?"

"uh huh... n' nose is stuffy n' head hurts."

"go sit down, okay? do you want me to make you something else to eat?" josh offers a smile, not wanting to work the boy up. he knows how emotional tyler gets when he's sick.

"not hung'y..." tyler whines, frowning as he strains his voice. "sound dumb."

"you sound adorable," josh chuckles, kissing his forehead. "now go sit in the living room. i'll bring you juice."

the boy nods and turns his head to the side. he points at his cheek, making josh grin. the latter kisses tyler's cheekbone, earning a small smile from him. he goes and sits now, allowing josh to fill a sippy cup with apple juice. well, he actually fills it with half apple juice and half water, but tyler doesn't need to know that.

josh joins him in the living room, where the little one sits with the blanket over his lap and simba tucked beside him. the older turns on the television and hands the boy his juice. tyler takes it reluctantly, slowly sipping the liquid. he doesn't say anything about it being watered-down, which josh is thankful for.

"daddy..."

"yes?" josh says, putting on paw patrol.

"birfday is soon.. don' wan' be sick on my birfday."

he's right, his birthday is in four days. josh frowns, wrapping his arm around tyler's shoulders and pulling him in to cuddle. "don't worry, honey. i'm gonna give you plenty of lovings so you can get better fast."

"pwomise?" tyler sniffles, already working himself up.

"yes, i promise. don't be upset, ty, it might make you feel more icky. i know you don't wanna be sick. if i could, i'd take the sickness from you and give it to myself."

"no, daddy!" tyler squeaks, coughing as his voice breaks. but then he says with a little smirk, "give the sickness to dallon."

"oh yeah? you think we should give it to dallon?" josh laughs, absentmindedly brushing his fingers over the boy's outer thigh.

"uh huh, him's a doctor."

"and what makes you think this?"

"cuz him's always got ban'aids n' med'cine," tyler says, as if it's obvious that dallon is clearly a doctor.

"well, i have those things too. does that make me a doctor?"

tyler ponders the question, then finally says, "i dunno, daddy. i think him's a doctor and you's a nurse."

"is that so?" josh smiles, running his fingers up tyler's side and leaving goosebumps in their wake.

"duh."

"have i ever told you how much i love you, baby?"

"uh huh," tyler smiles, sniffling as his nose starts running. "wuv you too, daddy... you's get tissues?"

"sure thing. coming right up!" josh gently moves tyler off of him and retrieves the box of tissues. he hands it to tyler and waits for the boy to blow his nose. he even takes the snotty rag and throws it away, strategically placing his fingers on the clean area.

"t'anks nurse daddy," tyler giggles, snuggling back into josh once the man sits down.

"no problem, little boy."

__a/n__

sorry this was really short and bad but i wanted to get something up and i've had this idea for a while (: