01 - 'Cause I've been waiting for this moment all my life

This hospital's got lots of crying kids
A minute ago, I did not exist
It's nice to finally meet my relatives
I bet it's always gonna stay this fun
I bet it's easy staying 'way from drugs
I bet our parents always stay in love
(Always stay in love)

***

ELEVEN YEARS AGO

(2008, England)

"Oh, quit crying."

The demon glanced at the basket in the passenger seat, which was jiggling uncomfortably with every bump in the road. Inside the woven fibres, the Adversary, Destroyer of Kings, Angel of the Bottomless Pit, Great Beast that is called Dragon, Prince of This World, Father of Lies, Spawn of Satan, Lord of Darkness was wailing quite loudly.

The demon, who in question was named Anthony J. Crowley, though he usually just went by Crowley, grumbled loudly as the wailing continued. The black car, a Bentley, which was also the cars given name, sped along the quiet paved road, the softly twinkling stars being the only lights to lead the way.

At this time of night, there was only an occasional tourist that Crowley passed on his way to the hospital. This hospital, however, was secretly run by an order of satanic nuns, who were going to switch the Adversary, Destroyer of Kings, Angel of the Bottomless Pit, Great Beast that is called Dragon, Prince of This World, Father of Lies, Spawn of Satan, Lord of Darkness with a perfectly normal human baby.

That was the plan, and Crowley intended to follow it.

The Adversary, Destroyer of Kings, Angel of the Bottomless Pit, Great Beast that is called Dragon, Prince of This World, Father of Lies, Spawn of Satan, Lord of Darkness, also known as the Antichrist, for short, exhaled a loud, ear-piercing shriek, which made Crowley jump in his seat before giving up on ignoring the crys and pulling over to the side of the road in a curt movement.

"Alright, alright." He left the car running, but leaned over to open the hatch on the basket that revealed a tiny face, currently wrinkled in its efforts to permanently make him deaf. "What do you want?"

If the baby could talk, it would probably say something along the lines of 'this basket is not very comfortable, and you speeding down this potholed infested road in the dead of night is not helping ether, and I'm getting quite a headache'. However, babies can not talk, so it had resorted to screaming out his frustrations, to the demons annoyance.

"Okay, okay, okay." Crowley removed the top of the basket to get a better look at the Antichrist. It was waving its tiny feet and hands around as if swimming, making the blanket it was swaddled in tangled. "Shush, shush. Shut it, now. I can't concentrate on driving if you continue on like this. I won't be able to avoid the bumps, for starters, which I guess is why you're yelling this loud."

The Antichrist kept screaming.

Crowley sighed, and brushed his fingers on the baby's forehead. It stilled, the crying ceasing into small whimpers as it stared up at Crowley with baby blue eyes. The demon raised an eyebrow at the now quiet child, and removed his hand. After a moment, the sobs built up before erupting in the full-blown wails again.

Crowley quickly replace his hand, gently stroking the baby's head so it calmed down. He scowled half-heartedly, mostly for appearance sake, but continued until the baby was gurgling happily.