Pet Human Family Part 9

"Mommy, can we go to Halloween Playland?" Polly asks in English. 

    "I'll ask, Honey," Tiffany replies in English. "Clompal? Book, please?" She asks in Nivish. 

    Clompal didn't bring the pet's communication book. Nividian books are like tiny computers which display virtual reality symbol writing when opened. They also function as playsets. The symbols are actually computer generated and not real, but they look and feel exactly like real objects. The symbols are about the size of dice, but can be adjusted to be up to as large as tennis balls if so desired. Each page of the book looks like a drawer full of little toys. These are actually full chapters in some books. Some books contain three-dimensional virtual reality pictures to look at which can be touched, felt, and played with as well as seen from any angle. Tiffany uses her communication book mostly to tell her owner that she or her children want to go somewhere. There is a drawer full of symbols for different places which the pet humans like to visit. Nividian books take up only the amount of space which a deck of cards would use once the book is closed. "Your book is at home, Tiffany," Clompal says. 

    "Mommy! Clompal, I want ride! Play pumpkins! Dresss up! Candy!" Polly exclaims in Nivish. 

    "Sweetie, do you want to go to Halloween Playland?" Clompal asks. 

    "Yes!" All three of the human children yell excitedly in English and Nivish, jumping up and down. 

    Clompal and Dlymal speak to each other for a few minutes. They decide to go to the Pet Human Supply Store first to get the pet humans new costumes, and then to go to Halloween Playland. "Come, we're going to the store," Dlymal commands, taking the pet's leashes.

    "No!" The human children protest in Nivish, stubbornly refusing to come along.

    Slaybol and Kleebon help herd the pet humans outside and into thier parent's vehicle. 

    Polly starts crying. "Honey, the pets are tired. Let's take them home and put them to bed for thier naps and then visit the Pet Human Supply Store. We can go to Halloween Playland tomorrow," Dlymal says, changing the plans a little. 

    "Good idea," Clompal agrees. They drive home.

    "We wanna go to Halloween Playland!" The human children protest in Nivish and English, upset.     

    "Clompal, us come Halloween Playland?" Tiffany asks in Nivish. 

    "Tomorrow, Tiffany. Put kids to bed. Naptime," Clompal says gently to her while petting her sofly. 

    "Okay," Tiffany agrees in Nivish. 

    "Good girl, Tiffany," Clompal praises, petting her sofly. 

    Polly, Molly, and Ryan are carried to the pet house and tucked into thier beds for thier naps. They don't want to go to bed, so they are fed pet human nap cookies to help them settle down and fall asleep. 

    Kleebon, Slaybol, Alex, Tiffany, and Dlymal help get the human children dressed again once they are finished with thier naps. Then they go potty, and the collars and leashes are added and they are led out to Clompal and Dlymal's vehicle. 

    The pets are led to the Halloween costume section of the Pet Human Supply Store once they arrive. (The Nividians have been studying humans for a long time now to learn thier customs and the pets have helped with this somewhat.) 

)