十三

"I'm... What? " My brain wasn't  functioning after hearing what chenle said. His face turned red as he stood up properly, clearly looking embarrased.

"Y-you... Didn't hear anything" He said. He wiped my tears one last time. "Stop crying, it's not pretty. We can finish the tour tomorrow let's go to the canteen" With that, he pulled me to the canteen.

I brought him to where I usually sit. I usually sat alone with hyejin or naeun but today, it was hyejin and Jisung.

"Hullo guys" Hyejin waved at the two of us. I sat next to hyejin while chenle sat next to Jisung. Surprisingly the two boys began talking and seemed to click together very fast. I talked to hyejin as chenle and Jisung talked to each other. Chenle laughing like a dolphin every once in a while while talking to Jisung.

"So. What took you so long? " Hyejin asked. "Oh I showed chenle around the area for a while, we're gonna continue the tour tomorrow" I replied as I put another piece of fruit in my mouth. "You know.. I didn't really get to ask but, how did you know chenle? " She asked me again. I explained the whole comic incident to her as she nodded at everything I said. "I see you're getting close to jisung to eh" She looked away and began smiling, causing me to chuckle.

I know exactly what was happening.

-

School ended pretty quickly. Either that of it was because the teachers didn't teach, leaving everyone to talk to each other, making time go 'faster'. I said goodbye to hyejin as she left and waited for haechan as per usual.

"Hey ryujin are you waiting for your parents or something? "  I turned around to see chenle.

"Oh um.. I'm waiting for my friend" I replied while looking at him.

-

3rd person POV;;
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHENLE stared at the smaller girl for a moment before he saw a boy sling his arm over her shoulder.

"Hey ryu" He simply said. Ryujin was unfazed as she smiled back. "Ready to go? " The brown haired boy asked. Ryujin nodded. Chenle recognized the boy as the one who picked her up when she was with him and renjun.

Before leaving, ryujin said goodbye to him as she walked away with the boy named haechan. Chenle watched as they disappeared from his sight. Chenle didn't know much about that haechan guy. But he knew that he and ryujin were close. His face became emotionless as he continued waiting for his own parents to pick him up from school.

-

Chenle;;
▃▃▃▃▃

As they slowly disappeared from my sight  , I couldn't help but feel... Jealous? But why...

So what if they're close.

Maybe they're cousins?
Childhood friends.

But what if they are dating.

Somehow the last one scared me the most. Why am I scared. Not like I like her or anything. Right? I sighed to myself. I think I'm only lying to myself at this point.

"Looky here, it's our dear Zhong chenle"

I turned around and saw him. lee jeno, wearing that taunting smile as always whenever we crossed paths.

"Surprised you're still alive, and you're smiling, did you finally get a girlfriend? " I said to him, causing him to give me a death glare as I tried to awkwardly laugh it off. "I was joking jen.. " I smiled awkwardly as I looked away.

Jeno: anyways why are you in my school? Aren't you supposed to be in your rich boy school?
Chenle: please, I don't like the people there
Jeno: funny, I thought you were one of them

This boy really can get on my nerves.

Chenle: let me live my school year I  peace, Lee
Jeno: as your friend I'll be very straightforward. No.

I rolled my eyes.

To think we used to be the bestest of friends.

Now he was just getting on my nerves.