二十九

3RD PERSON POV;
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

---

"I um..... need to go to the bathroom"
RYUJIN said, with a smile before getting out of her seat.

"oh okay" chenle also gave a small smile.
she quickly slipped out of the classroom, and at the same time, the both of them released a breath they held for so long. both shaking their heads, ridding their thoughts and calming down their racing hearts that beat in sync. but of course, they didn't know that.

she went to the bathroom and rested her palms on the sink, looking at the mirror, staring at her own reflection and breathing heavily as if she just ran a marathon.

a romantic date...,, she mumbled to herself, her mouth suddenly feeling dry.

-------

RYUJIN POV;
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

this feels like some sort of fever dream. either my coffee has drugs in it and I'm hallucinating everything, or everything is very much real and feel screwed for no reason.

it's just a coffee date.

a romantic one

I sighed at my own thought. that irritating little voice that's somewhere in my head. like a forgotten computer tab where you're still on call with a friend. the voice that randomly appears.

what even is a romantic date exactly. must it really include feelings? or it is some weird platonic-romantic kinda thing if that even exists.

I washed my hands since that felt like the only calming thing in this bathroom. then, I left the bathroom and headed back to class. the walk felt longer than usual, the hallway suddenly feeling so long and endless. maybe my mind was playing tricks on me, or maybe I was just trying to delay the time going back to class. it was obviously and most probably both.

the classroom was havoc. a few kids at the corner playing so aggressively a chair fell with a loud thud. chenle sat in his seat, hands covering his ears, staring at nothing like a traumatized child. he saw me walking back and shook his head slowly, and dramatically.

"this class is awfully concerning" he said which was almost inaudible from all the laughter and talking in the background.

I nodded slowly and sat back down. "welcome, I've been stuck in this class for like 2 years with the same people... sadly" I said, pursing my lips. "I really can't escape any of them"

he snorted.

"well... if I can't escape neither can you yknow"

he pursed his lips.

there was a moment of silence for a while.

"fuk"

--------

WHEN school ended, I told haechan I would be going out with chenle to get coffee. all he did was nod, send a wink, and nudged me on the shoulder a tad bit too hard. any harder and I'd probably bruise.

"as long as you come back alive, I'm good" he said. "can't promise you I won't burn the kitchen"

"also, without you I won't have dinner"