ATES, DENIZ, YILDIZ

Sanem searched his eyes looking for a sign, an emotion- anything that would tell her what he was thinking or feeling at that moment. Was he angry, was his hurt a result of what his mother did or what she did? His expression didn't show it. All she could tell was that he had made up his mind about something. But what?

"Goodnight," he said in a whisper barely louder than a breathe. The sudden expression on his face was hauntingly familiar.

Can looked away from Sanem, he needed time alone to sort out the myriad of feelings rolling through him. He saw the exit and headed towards it, but Leyla stepped into his path.

"You promised," she said.

He had made that promise to never leave Sanem ever again. But Can was afraid of asking her to come with him. What if she rejected him again?

"Can, listen to me first," Huma tried to hold Can's hand, but he took a step back. "I can explain."

Can was standing in the middle of the room with his father, brother, Leyla, parents that he considered his own even when they didn't, their friends, Sanem and the woman who seemed to have birthed him on to hurt him. "I'm leaving," he dropped the news quietly and carefully as if to muffle an explosion.

"Can listen to me!" Huma tried again.

"You only have one son," with his chin he gestured towards Emre. "You should concentrate on not losing him as well."

"Can," Sanem's feeble voice cut through the noise of the room and pulled him towards her. That was all she said as she weaved her fingers into his. Can stared at the joint hands, and the words that he had once said to her played in his mind 'Whatever happens don't let go of my hand,' and the moments that she had broken that promise flashed soon after.

Can had a choice, to hold onto that hand or to let it go.

He held on, pulled her through the small crowd ignoring every single person that called out to them. He helped her into the car and for a moment he paused, giving her a chance to change her mind. Instead, Sanem buckled her seat belt and reached for the door.

Can got into the driver's seat next to her. He waited, watching for any change. The Sanem he knew wouldn't just walk away from her parents, not even for him. Satisfied that she wouldn't change her mind, Can brought the car to life and drove out of the farm.

In the middle of the forest, where they first spent the night together, somehow he had brought them here. He was setting up camp as Sanem stared into the fire that he had lit only moments ago. What was she thinking about, why wasn't she saying anything? Sanem wasn't talking and apparently, neither was the voice in her head.

She had broken his wings but she didn't know how to fix it. Sanem watched as Can moved about nature as if it was his home. She wondered what would have happened between them if she had just agreed to leave with him when he had asked her. Would they be married, would they have a baby on the way, would they be happier.

Sanem only knew one thing for sure, she had been his poison and she was determined to be his cure. She stood up from where she sat and walked over to Can. He stilled when he saw her and just watched her as she made his way to him. She could see the reflection of the fire dance in his eyes, but that didn't take away the gentleness in them.

Her breath caught in her chest as she lifted her palm to cup his cheek. Sanem hadn't expected him to pull away but that knowledge didn't remedy the nervousness tattooing the inside of her stomach. Can leaned into her palm, caressing it with his cheek. He closed his eyes and settled in her embrace, Sanem couldn't help but smile. He was so beautiful, too beautiful for this world.

She rose to her tiptoes so that she could reach his lips, but instead, she kissed his chin. He chuckled and Sanem let the sound bathe over her. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her flush against his body. Then he stared at her with this wondrous look in his eyes. He adored her, he loved her and she wondered if it was fair for a man to love her so much.

Sanem caressed the back of his neck, pulled his head down and kissed him. She let herself get lost in the warm of his embrace, the hunger of his kisses and the desperation of their hearts. On a bed of flowers, under the stars with just the moo peeking at them with nature's song surrounding them, they made love.