MISSING PIECE

Senin derinlerinde bir yerde buldum, Sımsıkı sarılacak karışacak köklerimi

Sanem's breath caught in her chest as Ufuk Beydemir voice singing Ay Tenli Kani joined the sounds of the night. Whenever she heard this song she could feel Can's arms around her. They would be dancing, their feet floating off the ground as their love carried them.

"Now that you've eaten, how about a dance?" Can held his hand out to her, she stared at it, wondering how many times she had taken the gesture for granted and swearing never to do so ever again.

Sanem took his hand and stepped into his arms. She lay her head on his chest and let melody carry her away.

"Sanem, nothing smells as good as you do, nothing tastes as incredible as your lips and no other touch drives me as crazy as yours does.

Sanem looked up into his eyes and the earnest in them sent chills down her spine as heat pooled in her belly. A single look had rendered her body confused.

"If only time stood still."

"It wouldn't matter. Yesterday, today, tomorrow, it will always be you Sanem." Can's fingers played in her hair.

"Remember the story of the stone bride?" When he nodded she went on. "As you tied those Celtic knots, I waited for you by the sea. I wrote little notes for you and threw them in the water."

"So that they could find me?" he asked. "What did you write?"

"Come home." Sanem blinked the tear clouding her eyesight and smiled when Can caught it just as it rolled down her cheeks. "I wanted you to come home so that you could take me with you. I was willing to go anywhere your wings would take us, as long as I could be with you."

"I shouldn't have left."

Sanem shook her head no. She couldn't let him think like that or feel guilty about a choice he made when he felt he didn't have any other. "You can love someone so much...But you can never love him as much as you can miss them. We just didn't know how much we loved each other until we were separated. I've learned that lesson twice now."

Can nodded in silence.

"Aren't you going to say anything?"

"There are no words left in me. All my words are you."

Sanem lightly punched his shoulder, "Stop teasing me."

"I wanted to see you smile a little before I said this. I'm sorry that I have to ask you to wait for me again. My memory-,"

"I love you with or without them."

"I know." He gently kissed her lips. "I know, but I finally understand how important they are to you and me. I'm not afraid anymore-"

"Afraid?"

"-Nothing is stopping my memories from coming back anymore. I know who I am."

"And who is that Can Divit?"

"I am the man who is going to spend the rest of my life falling in love with you," Can held her moonstone ring up to her face. Instinctively Sanem's hand went to her chest, where her ring had laid near her heart for more than a year. "I am the luckiest man in this world for falling in love with you twice in one lifetime. I always wondered what I was feeling or thinking when I made this ring."

"And?"

"The stone of the white moon. Sanem, you are my moon face." Can took her left hand and slid the ring on her left finger. "I probably have said this to you before but it won't hurt to hear it again. People who are in love, when they get married they wear their rings on this finger. They believe that there is a vein that connects this finger to their hearts. So they wear it to feel the heart of a loved one in their hearts."

"Are you proposing?" Sanem asked excitedly.

"I'm asking you to wait for me."

"Oh?"

Can lifted his left hand and for the first time that night she saw her bandana wrapped around his wrist. "This is also something I had asked to bring to me. This bandana is a piece of you and this ring is a piece of me. For a year we carried them with us, always close to our hearts. So I want us to always wear them as a promise to the future we'll share."

One thing...

As she slept in his arms, Can had spotted the ring around her neck. A vision of her in red standing at the peer waiting for him had flashed in his head. His memories were coming back and he wanted to remember everything before he proposed to her. He didn't want to be unfair to her anymore, even though it was unintentional.

"Our future?"

Ates, Yildiz...Deniz.