Encounter

I closed the car door, flattened my clothes out and headed off for a stroll around the neighbourhood.
Three minutes over and I already wanted to get away from home.

"Home", It was a strange word to be using on a place that I had bearly even seen or touched. Maybe I'll never have a place that I can call home again.

I was relieved to be able to walk around for the first time in so many hours. The air around me was thin, and there were no clouds in the sky, the birds were chirping, and the sun gave a soft heat to the atmosphere. It was an extreme contrast to the building the I had just left, which was cold and uninviting, but this was warm and peaceful.

I closed my eyes for a moment. This is something that I'm going to have to get used to. I've never moved houses before, I always lived in the same house. I didn't like my new place, but I had to admit that it was a little exciting to press the reset button on my life; find a new home; make new friends; pretend the past never happened.

I wondered if I'd make friends, perhaps a special someone to share a kiss with, maybe more. The thought makes my heart flutter. Could that really happen?

Suddenly, I hear a loud thud, as pain gushed into my skull. Stumbling back and landing on my rear, I clasp my right hand to my head as a glance up from the concrete ground. An astounding sight before my eyes; A boy with Raven hair possessing a worried look, kneeling down to my eye level. His icy blue eyes made my heart pound inside my chest as he offered his hand and some polite, apologetic words.

"Holy-! Hey, are you okay?? Oh my lord, I'm so so sorry! I was reading this book and wasn't looking." he gestured towards a red hardback book, his eyebrows slanted upwards.

"My mother always told me that it wasn't a good idea to read and walk..." He paused and seemed to realise how dumb that was.

"You okay there?"

I noticed that I was just gazing into his piercing blue eyes, speechless. Oops.

"Y-yeah... S-sorry-I-wasn't-looking-either!" I shortened that last sentence into one word and my cheeks heated furiously as a result.

The tall boy stood as I took his hand in silence and awkwardly gripped onto his navy blue shirt for balance, looking for words to say. His skin was soft and I got close enough to smell the faint scent of a variety of old and new pages from the book he clutched in his other hand.

"S-shit, uh... I'd better go-" I make a cringing face and quickly step past the boy, no other words exchanged. 

Well, that was awkward, Sherwin...

I took a quick glance behind me to see him gazing at me, clearly confused. His hand rested on the nape of his neck and his mouth was slightly parted. But we both quickly spun around and looked away as our eyes met. I continue my walk home in silence, staring at the ground. My face was burning hot.

.5k words