1.6

IRL

To say the group of girls were spooked was an understatement.

Even the skeptics June, Jasper and Roxie, had to admit that the air on the huge ship felt different. They stood at the front desk, checking in and chatting with the friendly receptionist.

Luna and Oria, arguably the most excited about the excursion, asked if the receptionist believed that the place was haunted.

"You know, you're the second group who's asked me that tonight," she chuckled. A young woman with a name tag that read Natalia, she seemed more than happy to talk about the supernatural.

She pulled her phone out, telling a tale about her and her coworker going on a ghost tour and catching an eery, high pitched sound.

"So if we wanted to see some spooky shit, where's the BEST place to go?"

That earned Luna some glares from the group, but she didn't care. She wanted to see everything.

Natalia pulled out a map, explaining that the current level they were on was A, but if they went up two levels they would find a bar and a door that would lead to an isolation room.

"Hold up-an isolation room? As in, where sick people went to die?" June was suddenly a lot more interested. "Cause that sounds cool as shit and I wanna go there."

Natalia nodded.

"So what have people reported in our room? B340?"

Natalie grinned, in a way that had Luna wondering if she should've even asked.

"People have reported knocking on the doors in the middle of the night, the faucets turning on and off, and lights flickering. There's also been reports of things being moved around in the night."

It was unsettling to say the least, and as the group of friends left to find their room everyone was a bit on edge.

"It's not just me, right? This place is creepy, it gives me a weird feeling." Alaska was eager to know that she wasn't going crazy as they stepped into a scary looking elevator.

"Definitely creepy," Luna agreed. The most supernaturally driven, she was so excited and nervous she worried she might throw up. She'd believed in other things since she was a kid, and this place had potential for her to see something new.

Jasper, the bonafide skeptic of the group, crossed her arms. "That strange feeling could also be the fact that we're on a big boat surrounded by water."

Jaz wasn't a party pooper, and she had no problem that some of her best friends believed in spooky shit. She just believed, along with June and Rox, that there was always a reasonable explanation to things.

The elevator opened its creaky doors and let the group out onto Level B.

"Even I'll admit, this is creepy." Roxie said, glaring up as the ceiling lights flickered.

June scrunched up her nose. "I can only imagine all the bugs on this ship. A cockroach will be the scariest thing I see tonight."

Oria rolled her eyes, leading the pack towards their room. "Stop whining, babies. We need to find our room so we can drop our stuff off and go exploring."

It only took them a couple minutes of walking until they found their assigned room, 340. It was going to be crowded, but all 6 of them agreed there was no way they were splitting up into different rooms. So one room it was.

The moment Oria unlocked the door and pushed it open, a wave of cool air seemed to fly out. Even Jasper and June, though they'd never admit it, felt a pit in the bottom of their stomaches.