Chapter One

•Nezuko will not have her bamboo muzzle.
•HeeHee Demon has been defeated.
•Some chapters may have more modern themes.
•Not related to the manga. Some details may not add up. That's the joys of writing.
•Sit back and (hopefully) enjoy my writing.
•••

"Good morning!" Nezuko beamed at her blonde boyfriend, Zenitsu. The two have been together since Nezuko's brother, Tanjiro, had introduced them two years ago. Now they currently live together in a home in the mountains, not too far from their Demon Slayer friends.

Tanjiro and Kanao live further up the mountain, along with Inosuke who resides a short walk towards the East. All of them decided to live close together for old times sake and, so they don't have too close to the rest of the Pillars.

Zenitsu stretched, letting out a tired groan. "Morning Nezuko." He reached over to do his daily head pat, touching Nezuko's dark, soft hair. "You're so adorable."

"You're making me blush!" Nezuko fanned at her crimson face. Zenistu said the something along the lines of that every morning. Every time it got Nezuko's heart beating fast. "We have a long day ahead of us."

"Yeah. It's the fire festival tonight." Zenitsu got you off the floor, folding their floor mattress neatly into the corner. The fire festival was a celebration of the defeat of Muzan Kibutsuji!

Nezuko and Zenitsu got right down to business. They celebrate the special holiday with the village and with Tanjiro. Since technically it's a celebration for Tanjiro defeating the demon of all demons! All Demon Slayers have to wear their uniform.

"Ready?" Zenitsu looked over to see his beautiful girlfriend in her favorite pink kimono. He's seen her in the same kimono for years now but it still takes his breath away. "You look absolutely stunning Nezuko!" He fanned his crimson face.

"Not too bad yourself!" She winked. "I haven't seen you in a Demon Slayer uniform in months. It looks nice." Nezuko complimented her boyfriend. "Come here." She waved.

Zenitsu does as she commands.

"You always mess up your collar and undershirt." Nezuko snickered while fixing it. Zenitsu somehow always had the white collar lopsided compared to the black collar. Good thing she's around to guide him. "Perfect." She gave him a warm smile.

"Thank you baby girl." Zenitsu gave her a peck on the lips.

Tanjiro cleared his throat, "Are we interrupting?" Kanao wasn't far behind attempting to get a peek of the action.

"Nope, we're ready, right Zenitsu?" Nezuko looked over at a blushing Zenitsu, who shook his head in response.

Without further embarrassment, the group of five headed off down the mountain. Inosuke running down, challenge Tanjiro and Zenitsu. Zenitsu telling him to calm down. Tanjiro laughing at the two fighting. Kanao and Nezuko watching from afar while catching up.

"Our heroes!" A townsman cheered, catching the attention of the townspeople in the area. "Thank you so much! We live worry free now!" He held out his hand to shake with the group.

"We were just doing our job!" Tanjiro gave a bright smile. Humble as always.

Inosuke denied the handshake, "yes, bow to me, I am your god!" He cackled while running off towards the food area.

"My apologies, he's different!" Kanao always knew what to say when their boar friend acted up.

Nezuko tugged on Zenistu's uniform, "Zenistu! Can you win that big panda bear for me?!" She pointed towards a game.

Zenitsu looked down at his girlfriend's pleading eyes, he cannot resist, "I'll try my best!" He was determined to win the panda for the lovely Nezuko!

The man who ran the game explained how it all worked. Balloons were hung up on the wall, Zenistu was given five darts. Four popped balloons and they could take the panda home.

Zenitsu focused while throwing. First one, pop! He got it. Second dart, pop!

"Woohoo! Go Zenitsu!" Nezuko cheered.

Third dart hit a ballon once again, leaving him on the edge of his toes. The fourth dart missed! "Oh man!" He groaned. The final dart, pop! "I DID IT!" He seemed more excited to carry around the panda than Nezuko did.

"Thank you Zenitsu! I appreciate you." She kissed his cheek before tangling their fingers together. Nezuko leaned against him lightly while meeting back up with Tanjiro and Kanao.

The group of four made their way back to the festival food area. Lanterns hung across the walk way, children threw fire crackers at their feet and waved sparklers. Masks of demons and such were sold, the smell of sweets filled the air. The fire festival was a thing to behold for small town people.

"Here you go love." Zenitsu brought grilled beef to Nezuko, Tanjiro to Kanao. He admired her beautiful smile while she had a casual conversation with Kanao.

Tanjiro kicked Zenitsu from under the table discreetly. "Paint a picture, it lasts longer." He whispered. Of course he knew how much Zenitsu cared for his little sister. He just has to tease his blonde friend when he gets the chance. "Can I have this dance M'Lady?" Tanjiro gave Zenitsu a superior look. Almost as if he was saying, 'watch and learn'.

Zenitsu got a bit shy, playing with his fingers inside of his lap. Nezuko and him have been together to years, why is he still so shy towards her?

"Would you like to dance?" Her song-like voice interrupted his train of thought. Those bright eyes shimmered under the lanterns, making it impossible for Zenistu to resist.

He shook those nerves off, "of course." Zenitsu lead her to the mass of dancing people. At the moment a flute-like instrument played a beautifully slow tune. Perfect for snuggling up and swaying.

Zenistu took their leading hands, tangling their fingers up perfectly. His hand at her hip, her hand at his neck. With this lighting, it's impossible to hide his red face.

Nezuko chuckled lightly. "Why do you look so uncomfortable?" All she sees us her long time boyfriend blushing while avoiding eye contact. Honestly, it's the purest thing she's seen in a while.

"Y-You're just so pretty today." Zenitsu swallowed hard before looking back into Nezuko's beaming eyes. Full of wonder and curiosity. "You're pretty everyday but you look extra pretty today!" He has to reassure his girl that she's not ugly on other days.

"You're so silly!" She giggled while leaning her head on Zenitsu's chest. "I love you Zenitsu." She inhaled his intoxicating scent. Nezuko absolutely loved the smell, it made her feel safe and secure.

Zenitsu pulled her a bit closer, "I love you too Nezuko." He held her for as long as she'd let him. Nothing could pull these two apart tonight. Not even Tanjiro who's yelling at them for being the last two dancers on the floor tonight.

•••

Hello and welcome to my Zenitsu x Nezuko Oneshot book. I wrote this to better my writing and complete my style! Hopefully you will like all of the little adventures I will be taking our best girl and boy on! 🌸🧡
~Mel