Chapter Four

•Nezuko will not have her bamboo muzzle.
•HeeHee Demon has been defeated.
•Some chapters may have more modern themes.
•Not related to the manga. Some details may not add up. That's the joys of writing.
•Sit back and (hopefully) enjoy my writing.
•••

"Let's have a good old fashioned sleep over!" Tanjiro introduced the idea to the group of five in the room. "We'll have snacks and watch movies. It'll be fun!" He smiled at Kanao, who's sister owned the house they planned this all to be at.

"You had me at snacks." Inosuke had his body sprawled out on the floor, shirtless as always. Tanjiro attempted to have him cover up around the girls but it didn't last. "I'll stay. Only if we get to watch a scary movie."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"This'll be fun, right Nezuko?" Zenitsu gave her a boxy smile. "The whole group of friends together!" He emphasized friends to not draw attention to his dying heart, yearning to be close to Nezuko.

Nezuko felt her heart drop. "Yeah!" She smiled warmly. I guess he does only want to be friends, she thought to herself. That made her kinda sad, she'll do her best to remain happy for the rest of the group.

"Kanao, would you like to get snacks with me?" Tanjiro held out his hand oh-so-gentleman-like for his secret girlfriend. If anyone figured out they were together it'd cause a ruckus. The only one who knew was Nezuko, she knew how to keep a secret.

"I shall get the movies!" Inosuke volunteered. He was so sure he had the best taste in videos compared to the others. It was his mission to find the scariest movie possible to scare the pee out of his friends. Also, to finally get Zenitsu and Nezuko together. The two are just plain ignorant.

This left Nezuko and Zenitsu in awkward silence.

"Nezuko. Do you want to go on a walk with me?" Zenitsu offered to break the silence with a nice gesture.

Nezuko just wanted to be close to him. "Sure!" She grinned while leading him out of the butterfly estate, gripping his hand firmly. The girl hadn't even realized that she was holding on for too long. "Sorry!" She apologize while walking down the trail.

"I don't mind." Zenitsu blushed, gripping her hand again. They kept walking in awkward silence, holding hands so purely. Zenitsu wanted to say something but his shy personality wouldn't allow him to. "It's going to rain tonight. I can hear thunder."

Nezuko looked up at the sunset sky, which was clear from above, "You have good ears!" She complimented.

"Zenistu! Nezuko!" Tanjiro ran towards the two with a bag full of snacks and beverages. Kanao not far behind.

They quickly detached their hands in a panic. "Yes?!" Nezuko called back. "You have the snacks?!"

Inosuke runs up to the group, tackling Zenitsu to the ground. "I have... lé movies!" He announced while sitting on a struggling Zenitsu.

"Get...off...you...fatty!" Zenitsu struggled but soon enough got Inosuke off. The group decided to race home, the group meaning Inosuke and Zenitsu.

They all piled inside, opening all the snacks and beverages before putting in the first horror film. "Why would you make us watch this?!" Zenitsu shrieked while clinging onto Nezuko, who wasn't phased one bit. "I think I'm going to pass out..."

"Stop being such a baby!" Inosuke was hiding behind Tanjiro, who seemed to have a cringe face placed on.

"Don't worry Zenitsu, I'll protect you!" Nezuko laid his head on her lap, she played with his golden hair until he calmed down.

Zenitsu felt at peace in her lap. Usually he's always so full of anxiety and nervous for no reason. Nezuko always just knows what to say in those situations. That's why he has such a huge crush on her. He moved his head a bit, snuggling with one of her thighs. Thank you, Nezuko.

They wrapped up the movies and went off to bed. Boys on the first floor, girls on the second floor. The butterfly estate was large enough for each person to have their own sleeping area. Though Inosuke slept on the floor near Tanjiro.

Zenitsu fell asleep pretty fast but was awoken by the clashing of thunder. Zap! The powerful rumbling noise was enough to shake the entire estate. Lightning flashed across the dark sky. Rain tapped against the roof and windows roughly. The blonde shook under the covers. He absolutely hated storms. Usually his foster home would have his grandfather sit with him until he fell asleep but not tonight.

Zenitsu tossed and turned for what seemed like hours. Finally, he had enough. He jumped out of bed with a pounding heart from anxiety. The blonde tip-toed across the hall, looking in each room until he made his way upstairs. Finally, he made it to where Nezuko was sleeping.

Zenitsu climbed inside the floor mattress, shaking Nezuko to wake her up slightly.

The dark-haired girl groaned, "Zenitsu?" She rubbed her eyes to get a better look. "What are you doing here?" Nezuko turned over towards the blonde.

"Nezuko, C-Can I sleep with you? I'm s-scared of thunder s-storms...." it's embarrassing to say something like that out loud, especially to your crush.

"Come on in." She opened the covers with open arms. It was cute that a man such as Zenitsu was scared of something so natural. Nezuko felt the warmth of him filling up under the blanket. "Wake me up if you need anything." She kissed his forehead sweetly.

"Goodnight Nezuko. Thank you." He blushed while laying his head above her shoulder.

"Sleep well." Nezuko turned over, grabbing Zenitsu's arm and pulling it over her stomach. Being close to someone felt nice, she bet it felt good for Zenitsu as well.

Zenitsu felt as if all the anxiety had been taken off his shoulders. Just someone being physically there made a large difference in how he slept.

•••