Chapter 16 - Reunion

I didn't think this was a coincidence, but I also couldn't believe he would be crazy enough to come to my university with his bandmates.

Everyone was puzzled but for me there was no need for any words, the message was clear: "I am back, and I know you are here. I am not going to leave things as they are."

When I arrived home Ji Ho was waiting for me. She had the news channel on as usual and BTS little appearance at my university was the hot topic.

"Did you see him?" She simply asked.

"I did" This answer was not going to suffice but I didn't know what else to say. I was still processing my own feelings.

I was headed to my room but I could sense Ji Ho eyes following me and I knew she would follow me there.

"Liza, you can't ignore this. It is clear that he wants to win you over." She started. "Why-"

"It is not about winning me over" I interrupted her. "You know he never lost me. This is not about feelings, it is about everything else in between."

"Well, I don't know about you Liza but I try to make my relationships about feelings. If that is not the issue then maybe you should rethink your stubborn decisions." Ji Ho stated leaving the room to also leaving me to my own thoughts.

___

On Friday I was about to stay home, but Ji Ho was able to convince me to go partying as I had promised So-Yi and Min-Ji . My only request was for her to go with me. So-Yi and Min-Ji were good friends but way more popular than me and I didn't want to be a bother depending on them to have company.

So-Yi house was huge. Her father was a diplomat and so their parents had money and were often out of home, giving the perfect set for legendary parties at her house.

She only invited her friends, not being allowed strangers, but it was always a gathering with almost 100 people. The place was guarded, not only because of all the expensive things inside but especially because of all the VIPs she was friends with and that would also come to party.

I had decided to wear a jumpsuit because it would easily be dressed up or down depending on the shoes and accessories, so I had a few options in the car that I could change into if I didn't feel like I was fitting in. Ji Ho made the better decision, wearing an elegant and yet sexy dress that was perfect for the party mood.

I could recognize some people from my work on the station, from being celebrity guests or from other shows I helped. Ji-Ho pushed me to the dance floor and we were having a blast when I noticed the attention being slightly turned to the entrance.

I looked at Ji-Ho and I immediately knew Namjoon had arrived. The guilty look at her face said it all.

 The guilty look at her face said it all

"You knew it" I stated. "I am not just saying now, you also knew he would go to my college..." I had my suspicions before but now I was sure Ji-Ho was behind all of these "coincidences".

"He will not stand out too much here." Ji-Ho said as an excuse. "You can see how is it being around him again in a safe space. There is no paparazzi and there are too many celebrities for people to be focused on you two." She clearly had this speech planned out.

When I noticed Namjoon was already just a few steps away from me, talking with someone while walking in my direction. He reached us and his company excused himself at the same time Ji-Ho also gave some excuse to leave.

It was just me and Namjoon now.

"Liza" I tried to read his eyes, looking for resentment or anger, but I couldn't read his emotions.

"Namjoon, I-" His index finger pressed my lips.

"Let's not talk here and now" He interrupted me. "For now, let's just dance." He gently pushed my arm, pressing our bodies together as soon as a slow music started. Almost like on cue.

Being this close to him again, with my body pressed against his, smelling him... It was too good but also somehow painful.

I was trying to keep myself together, repeating on my mind that it was just this dance and that was it.

But it wasn't.

We danced all night long, all types of songs... For us there was nothing else, no one else.

I felt that our dancing was almost like a magic trick, for as long as we were dancing we could pretend everything was normal. But the music stopped and the dawn came.

Namjoon took my hand and we made way to one of the garden benches. We could hear people making out or just drunk-sleeping around the garden, but we knew no one was paying attention to us at that moment.

We just stood there enjoying the dawn for a while in silence.

"Liza." I turned to him. "When you left me that note one year ago I was furious." My eyes went to the ground, and my heart was feeling heavy.

"I felt cheated and lied to. I felt like if you really loved me you wouldn't have done something like that." He took a breath. "Then I went on tour and the sadness replaced the anger. I was just sad you were not with me anymore. That you were not mine."

I was not being able to control my tears.

"I thought about reaching out many times but back then I really believed you had moved back to the States. I didn't know how to reach you."

His voice was also trumbling.

"I was really desperate. I was when I found out that you were back in Korea that everything changed for me."

He took my face in his hands and made me look at him again, while cleaning away my tears with his fingers.

"I know we will have to figure things out, but this time you won't be able to hide behind a letter. This time I will fight back... because after all this time, I still love you"

______

I have missed you! I am so happy this book reached 1k. I know for many authors that is not a lot but for me it is amazing!

Question time:

Are you fancy dressing for halloween? What are your halloween plans?

I am going to Brighton to visit a friend :)