Faithful Hymn: Summary

If you'd like to, please rate and comment on this chapter. Not only would you make me happy with it, but you would also attract other curious readers 😊

Sword Art Online: Faithful Hymn is the prequel story of Sword Art Online: Alicization Legacy. If you're not interested in reading the previous story, you can read the summary of the story below.

Still, I do recommend to read the prequel, since I will be pointing to specific moments and easter eggs that won't come to play in the summary.

Faithful Hymn is still in development. This summary can change at all times!

With that said, have fun reading the summary!

Faithful Hymn is a story that tells the events of the main character, Shoji, who is an OC to the Sword Art Online franchise.

Shoji is, like many other people he gets to interact with in Faithful Hymn, an SAO Survivor. During his years of imprisonment in this death game, he met a very special girl, who held a giant spot in his heart. This white-haired girl, who later dyed her hair to milk-tea brown, is called Yuuna, with Yuna being her ingame name. Shoji also met a boy named Eiji, with Nautilus being his ingame name. The two were best friends, but a future event broke the bond they once shared.

The two teenagers built up a very special relationship during the years they were trapped in Sword And Online, yet they both did not have the courage to express their love to each other.

On a very unfortunate day however, Shoji, Yuuna, Eiji and an unnamed warrior got trapped in a Boss Room on the 40th Floor, where Yuuna sacrificed herself so that Shoji got to live. From this moment on, Shoji isolated himself from the rest of the people, where Eiji did the same thing. The two friends have not spoken to one another anymore, until the death game got cleared.

One year and a half passed, and Shoji has endless nightmares regarding his past. The love of his life, who expressed her love for him seconds before her death, is a memory that he never got to accept. The boy had no courage to open himself up to others, not even on the SAO Survivor School, where many suffered the same fate that Shoji did back in Aincrad.

After having years of depression, Shoji sought for a solution, the one thing that might help him to find happiness in life again. He reached out to Yuuna's father, Tetsuhiro, who is the lead-developer of the newest, most anticipated form of Virtual Reality, The Augma. Shoji speaks his heart out to the man, telling him who he is and what he wants to request to the father. Shoji requests Yuuna's father to develop an AI, that looks and behaves like Yuuna, to serve as a living memory. After discussion, the two agreed on this idea.

One month has passed, and the AI has been finished developing. While Shoji was on his way to Kamura HQ, he remembers a far distant memory. It was regarding his childhood. Shoji, whose name was Chase before he moved to Japan, lived a happy life in Atlantic City, located in New Jersey. Together with Wyatt and Arushābin, also known as Seven, he had a phenomenal time in America.

Shoji and Tetsuhiro meet up in Tetsuhiro's office, where the AI, Yuna, gets revealed. Yuna is a very advanced AI, who has all the basic knowledge, only lacking teenager experience. Shoji gets tasked to develop Yuna's teenager experiences, something his heart simply can't deny.

In the two days Shoji received from Tetsuhiro to influence Yuna's teenager behavior, their relationship has improved greatly. Not only does Yuna learn more about the teenage life, she also learns about Shoji's past in Aincrad, and how he considered Yuna as an older version of Yuuna. The more Shoji opens up to her, the more she develops special feelings towards the boy.

His past strikes him when he is most vulnerable, and he remembers the most tragic day before The SAO Incident happened. He got separated from Seven and Wyatt, knowing that Seven's father may have killed someone. This is the reason why Chase (Shoji) moved all the way to Japan with his parents. To ensure their own safety. In Japan, Chase got renamed to Shoji, with his surname being changed from Goldheart to Sasaki. Shoji has never seen both Wyatt or Seven anymore ever since.