Chapter 49

At around midnight, Karen was still up in her bed, she couldn't sleep, even for once, she was scared, whoever sent those texts and flowers knew her and Ian well, he or she even had their wedding photos!.
She shivered in fear, something must be terribly wrong, she looked at the clock, some minutes after 1 in the morning, she sighed, last night had been the best night ever, she cuddled with Ian to sleep and it surprisingly felt... right.
The phone rang and she looked at it, what if it's them or him or her or it?, she ignored it, it rang again and again and she decided not to pay attention until Ian's bodyguard knocked and told her to pick it up.
"Karina?".
"Ye...es?".
"Damn it you should pick the damn phone next time!".
She sighed, "You told me not to answer any calls".
"But not mine, why aren't you asleep yet until this hour, it's 1 in the morning woman!".
She rolled her eyes, why is he in such a bad mood anyway, "You know what, call me when you're not in that stupid bad mood of yours!".
"Don't give me the attitude Karina!".
"Well you asked for it, so bye-".
"And don't you even think of hanging up on me!".
"Or what?".
"You don't want to find out, I'll make you regret it".
She sighed, "Ian, I don't wanna fight, I'm so scared right now".
She felt him cooling off, "I know, that's why I'm keeping you safe Karina, I'm doing everything I can, I'll find that idiot I promise!".
"Okay".
"Okay?".
"Yes, okay".
"Good", he hanged up, she looked at the phone in disbelief, the nerve of this man, she called him, he picked up, "Ian?".
"Yes?".
"Fuck you!", she hanged up and went to bed.

She woke up on the next day with hands on her neck, she opened her eyes and saw him, "Ian?".
"Wake up dusha moya".
She looked at him, he was in full black with gloves, was it that cold outside or he was going to attend his duties?.
He looked at her and brushed his gloved knuckles on her cheek, "Come on, we have to hurry", he stood up and went to her closet and started packing, she pulled herself out of bed and looked at the clock, 5am, where were they going?.
"Ian?".
He shoved her clothes mercilessly in her bag,
"No time for that, get your ass ready, I'm taking you home".
She was puzzled, home, what home?, and why would he want to take her home, was it that bad?.
"Home?, what home?".
He looked at her, "My home", he went to take her toiletries, she stood there with her arms folded, she didn't understand what was happening.
"Why?".
He cursed and put the bag away, "Can you do something for once without asking questions?!".
She shook her head, "What?".
"Damn it!", he took her hand and pulled her to the sitting room, she struggled out of his grip but he was too strong, she gasped out loudly when she saw men in her room, including her men, she turned to him, "Ian, what's going on?".
"Koslov, pack her belongings", he paused and looked at her, "Or should we buy new ones?".
She shook her head, she loved her stuffs, some of them were gifts from friends and family and they were... special.
"No I still n-".
"Good", he pulled her to the door, she kept on struggling, he shot her a look, she didn't want to be intimidated by him, she kept on struggling on their way to the elevator.
"Karina, will you stay still or so God help me-".
"I don't have my shoes you idiot!".
He looked at her feet, which were covered in socks only, he cursed and ushered her inside the elevator, she yelled, "Ian!!!".
He pretended not to hear her, his grip on her hand kept on increasing as she struggled, she finally gave up and decided to stay still, this isn't going anywhere.
The elevator binged and he got out dragging her behind, they'd used the lobby, maybe not to catch attention, it was so cold outside and still dark, she even saw snow falling lightly in the cold morning, she shivered, he looked at her and carried her on his shoulder to where his car was parked, he put her inside and went round the car, entered and shut the door.
She looked at him, it's the first time in years he's taking the courtesy of driving himself, she looked at him as he pulled the seatbelt and fastened it, he put the gear in place and shot her a look.
She swallowed hard and put on her seatbelt as well then he started the car, she relaxed or rather tried to, he was one hell of a driver, she gripped the seat tightly as he drove like a mad man.
"Ian!!!".
He looked at her, "What?".
"Are you trying to kill us or what?".
"Neither, shut your mouth and don't bother me".
"You're an idiot!!".
He nodded and went on driving on the bumpy road, she held her breath when she felt the car flying, can cars fly?, the tyres roared as he went left, she prayed to God for everything to be okay, they reached to where the traffic lights were and he passed nearly knocking a car which was turning right, she screamed.
He put the car to a stop and looked at her,
"Jesus Karina one would think you're not a mafia princess".
She trembled, her whole body, she took deep calming breaths, this is crazy, was someone following them?, she hoped not.
"Are we being.... followed?".
He shook his head as he started the car, this time going with a medium speed, Karen looked back and saw Koslov behind them driving calmly not like her husband here.
Wait, what?.
Oh dear.
Shut up!.
Just saying.
Not now!.
Whatever!.