Chapter 12👑

April 22, 2018.

Karaye, Kano.

Khadijah Daihaah's POV

You might think that since Adda Anee will be getting married tomorrow she should be all shy and introverted most especially around her soon to be in-laws and future husband, but believe me it's the exact opposite.

Tomorrow being the nikah, most of our close family relatives stayed over for the wedding. Ya Muhsin stayed too on Abba's request and Baffa Lamido's too. Baffa Lamido never seemed to like Ya Muhsin much, but lately he had been sickly sweet towards him so much that it has been suspicious to me.

The El Khabirs aren't as carefree as they'd always been, with the exception of Anty Rabi. They are now a less blithe and more introverted. Neither Baba Sarki nor Abba said a word about this; it's like they knew what's with the El Khabirs sudden change of demeanor.

"So, we're all leaving on Sunday since Daihaah has to return the next day and so as Aaliyah and Ammah" Abba said as we're all seated outside having breakfast.

"Very well. We're leaving immediately after the nikah. We have to return back to Kano in time for our flight back to Katsina" Sultan Kabir said looking up to look at Abba who nodded.

"Muhsin, your father mentioned that you are travelling on Sunday too?" Baffa Lamido asked with a suspicious smile on his face.

"Yes, that's why I'm leaving early on Saturday, I have some work to take care of" he answered back. Honestly, I don't want him to leave but what can I do? It's not like I would ask him to stay.

Adda Anee who has been quiet all through spoke, "Umm Abbah.....I also have to go back to work on Monday. Apparently there's this new outfit designed by a well known designer, Layla Waziri. I was supposed to meet her personally, but she declined the offer ostensibly she never met any of her clients personally."

Abba looked between her and Sultan Omar, "Well as long as Sultan Omar agrees with it since by then you are his wife"

"It's okay. She can go, I'd already talked to her manager about it" Sultan Omar said with a small smile but I didn't miss how his smile wasn't directed to her but Abba.

What's going on here?

Adda Anee released a small sigh, "Thank you" she said to Sultan Omar curtly who in return just nodded. "It's dubious how this Layla Waziri never met any of her clients. I had done a research on her but in all her social media accounts there wasn't any clear picture of her and she's prominently famous" Adda Anee went further talking about this Layla Waziri. The way she placed her hand under her chin while it leaned on her thigh, her fingers lightly caressing one another in anticipation just meant that she's more than eager about this work of hers.

I've heard her name a couple of times from Jannah, and it's true there hasn't been any picture with a clear view of her face, but that doesn't stop the endless envy she gets from other females. I don't know much about her but I know she's famous, like so famous.

I wonder what she looks like....

"Maybe she wants to keep her identity a secret" Ya Muhsin said to Adda Anee as he kept his plate aside.

"That could be true, but then it's well known that she's Senator Jabeer Waziri's daughter" Adda Anee said seeming to be really interested in Layla's life.

"You should not get too involved with her life Aneesah, she has a reason for hiding her identity as Muhsin said so you should leave it at that" Umma said taking a slice of Apple. She has been trying to get back on Ya Muhsin's good side since the day before but it was all to no avail. He never made it easy for her.