Chapter 17

A/N: IMPORTANT NOTE _ PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, my lovely readers! I have absolutely loved writing for you all but unfortunately, this is where I leave you. I am both overjoyed and sad to say that this is the last chapter of my book. While I hope you enjoy it emmensely I will miss writing about these characters and this world I've become so obsessed with. That isn't to say I'm done writing though. I have several half-written books in my google docs that I just might end up posting so be on the lookout and feel free to comment about any stories you might like to read. Also, be sure to check out my other published works such as my one-shots collection. That one does have a couple of Merlin ones if you all are interested. Anyways, I don't want this to be too long so I just want to say thank you for being such supportive and responsive readers and I can't wait to see what you guys think about this ending! Enjoy ;)

Hope to write to you again soon! Happy reading!

- your fav author

Recap: 

It was over, they had won. The dark knights had died along with their master and Morgana was home again. But more importantly, Camelot had ridden itself of entirely different and even more dangerous foe, Uther Pendragon.

These were Merlin's last thoughts as he sank into an exhaustion induced sleep. His only worry now was what would come of him now that Arthur knew the truth.

~~~

Merlin woke with a start.

The battle, Elaine, the knights, Uther. Where was he? What had happened?

"You alright there Merlin?"

Merlin whipped his head to the side to see Arthur staring back at him with an amused expression.

For a second, Merlin thought that it had all just been one really long nightmare. Then he saw Arthur's arm in a sling and a look in his eyes that told Merlin, no, it hadn't been a dream.

"Arthur," Merlin rasped out. He wasn't prepared to have this conversation, not now. In fact, Merlin was sure not ever. "What uh - what are you doing here?"

"Well if I'm not mistaken I'm allowed to be in my own bedchambers, Merlin," Arthur smirked. Merlin looked around wildly. He was indeed in Arthur's chambers. That was when Merlin realized that it was not his own bed that he had been sleeping in but Arthur's.

"Arthur, why am I in your bed?"

"You're the man who saved Camelot, Merlin. If you can't get one good night of sleep then what is Camelot even good for," Arthur teased.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Merlin tensed.

Arthur looked at him disapprovingly, "I'm not as dull as you think, Merlin. I know you're the one who defeated the dark knights."

Merlin shrunk with fear, "Then you know that the only way to defeat them is to..." Merlin trailed off, refusing to meet Arthur's gaze.

"Defeat the terrible witch that conjured them, yes I know Merlin."

Merlin's eyes snapped to meet Arthur's, "And you're... okay with that?"

Arthur smiled, "Merlin, you utter clot pole."

Merlin frowned making Arthur roll his eyes.

"Yes, of course, I'm okay with you saving the whole kingdom. Now that you've made me spell it out for you I assume you'll want me to give you a medal as well?"

Merlin shook his head.

Arthur punched his shoulder, "Come on, Merlin. Don't be such a girl's petticoat, what's got you all wound up?"