23. Not As Fragile

-Florida-

New Years was spent with the Archibald's. A whole party was thrown and my dad was quite impressed with my beer pong skills. He didn't know whether to be disappointed or glad that I learned something in college.

Classes resumed last week and they've been okay. The Alpha house feels like any other dorm. I'm now sharing a room with Gabby. I went to go pick up Theo at the Beta house. He has his first therapy session of the year.

They stood him up and he gripped the rails. "Theo you're standing up by yourself son." The PT's hands were there just in case he falls but they weren't holding him. I pulled my phone out to record it.

He smiled as he looked down at his feet. "Your upper body is keeping you from falling. But your legs are not as fragile as they were before. Of course you still have ways to go. But its been over a minute and you're standing on your own."

He grinned big at me. The PT held on to him again. "I want you to try to take a step forward. Whether its lifting like a normal walk, or simply dragging it."

His right leg began to shake. It gave up on him for a moment but he regained balance. His foot moved forward. "Is your foot secure?" He nodded. "Okay left foot now." He gulped but it moved. "THEO!" I yelled and he smiled.

"I'm upping your sessions. I want to see you everyday. Continue those movements. I don't want you trying to walk at home, but now you can help yourself and those around you by standing to get into cars instead of them lifting you." He smiled.

"We're gonna do it again son but for now I don't want to put too much pressure on your legs. I want to run some tests and analysis then we'll stand you up again. This time instead of my assistant, Lia will help me so I can show her where and how to grab you."

He stepped out to go write notes. "Holy shit Theo!" He pulled me down so I was sitting on his lap. I couldn't help but wrap my arms around him. "I can feel you on me. This is amazing." I smiled. "I need to get off you. He's right about putting pressure on your legs. Build that muscle again. Get it stronger then I'll sit on your lap."

"You'll be sitting on something else."

"Theodore James!" He laughed as I stood up. "I need to send this to your mom holy shit." He smiled. "Thank you for being here with me. You haven't missed any appointments."

"I'm gonna miss tomorrow's appointment now that he wants to see you everyday. I'll talk to Zach but we have an Alpha meeting. Otherwise I'd be here."

"Hey its okay."

"I ask one thing Theo. If tomorrow doesn't go as you plan, don't take it out on Zach." He nodded. "Yes mam."

When we stood him up the second time, he was able to stand on his own again. He took two steps before we sat him down. We did that a couple more times. The PT said he didn't want to overwork him. Tomorrow depending on how his standing is, he'll see if he can take those steps without being held.

"Hey you guys wanna see something cool?" Theo asked the guys when we stepped into the lounge area. "What?" Asked Kevin. We made our way to the couch. I helped him up and since there aren't rails for him to hold, he kept his arm over my shoulders. He took the two small steps and I sat him on the couch.

"Dude this is huge!!" Diego seems thrilled. I talked to Zach and he was more than glad to take him tomorrow. "Alright I'll see you guys later. Bye Theo. Keep me updated." I hugged him.