Chapter Eighteen - Kiss Me. (Revised).

*Ana POV*

After Liam gave me a quick tour of his house, he said that I should go down and wait for him in the dining room for dinner. So I did as he asked.

I am sitting on a bar chair, holding a glass filled with water.

About twenty minutes past and he still didn't come, where is he?

Along with the glass of water in my hand, I preoccupy myself with his plasma TV, looking and listening to the news. Just when I thought I was affected the most by the earthquake, I see pictures upon pictures of wrecked buildings and destroyed houses. Along with that, there was a report of some local forest fires. The screen switched to an animated map, showing areas that least to most affected by the fires, colour coded. I see that both the place where I am now and the area where James lives are under a yellow warning. All the reds are by the outskirts of LA. At least some... Decent news for today.

Moments pass before Liam's whistles echoed from the hallway. Finally...

"Sorry... Had some boss work to do...".

I just look at him, watching him walk to the fridge, grabbing a can of beer.

"I am glad you made yourself at home," he adds after taking a big gulp from the can right after opening it.

"All I need is food to REALLY make me feel at home..." I reply. I instantly hear him chuckle.

"Don't worry, I have taken that into account, I didn't forget the food.". His emphasis on 'food' made me giggle. I silence down when he shoots his eyes at me.

"So what is the takeaway for tonight going to be?," I query. But I receive a raised eyebrow.

"There won't be any takeaways, Ana.".

"Then what will we eat?".

I see a smirk form on his face as we look at each other, across the room.

"There is this... thing called cooking. Ever heard that word before?".

I roll my eyes at him, before standing up and making my way to the sink. "That I have definitely heard, it is also your sarcasm I am getting sick of...".

"Well, I hope you get used to it because it is not going anywhere..." He replies, causing my eyes to widen in surprise.

"Is that so?".

He nods, smirking at me.

"So, what are we cooking?".

He does not answer, instead, he heads past me and to the fridge, where he gathers a bunch of stuff.

"Whatever we can make with these things..." He places all the perishable food onto the cooking table.

I move closer to him, looking at all the different foods.

"If you are trying to win my truce my moving closer to me, I'll tell you now it is not going to work...".

I let out a sigh. I don't even have to look at him yo know that he has amusement patched onto his face.

"I'm trying to make us some food so that we won't starve to death, smart ass...". I try to sound mad at him, but I can't. I am tired of him... But somehow not mad.

"Wow, so mean...".

"I now probably see why Grace left you..." I reply. I meant it light-heartedly, but it came out as anything but that. My grin suddenly drops when I see his gaze on me turn slightly bitter.

"Liam I-". I try to apologise, but his entertained snickering interrupts me.

"How did you come to that conclusion, I wonder...".